Are you passionate about helping every child succeed and improve their life chances?
Are you prepared to work collaboratively for the benefit of young people?
Will you offer children the opportunity to experience “life in all its fullness” by doing what it takes, no matter what their starting point or social challenges?
If so, St James’s High School would love to hear from you!
We have a vacancy in our Maths Department on a permanent basis to commence once checks are completed.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our outstanding, outward looking, oversubscribed school. We are looking for a passionate and ambitious maths teacher who inspires students and supports them in making excellent progress.
For further information we encourage you to contact Suzanne Walker, HR Manager on 01204 333 000. We also welcome visits to our happy school. Please telephone Catherine Anderson, Deputy Head on 01204 333 000 for an appointment.
The successful candidate will:
• be an acknowledged outstanding practitioner or demonstrate the potential to be
• have a clear understanding of the characteristics of high quality teaching
• quickly build rapport and effective professional relationships with both our young people and colleagues
• enthuse and motivate colleagues and students to work hard and try their best
• actively share good practice and seek to explore ways to improve their own and others’ teaching
• understand that behaviour management starts with the quality of teaching in the classroom
• demonstrate personal resilience and role model those personal qualities we wish to instill in our young people.
In return we can offer:
• the opportunity to work with our motivated, ambitious and caring students.
• a school culture that understands the importance of staff wellbeing and workload management.
• fantastic opportunities for continuous professional development including weekly CPD sessions on a Wednesday afternoon facilitated by an early pupil finish.
• a supportive and encouraging staff team
• potential part time working to support work life balance. If part time working appeals to you please let us know in your application the types of working patterns you would prefer.
The schools of The Bishop Fraser Trust aim to offer:
• A high quality, inclusive and distinctive education
• A caring and nurturing environment based on our Christian values, recognising the uniqueness of each child.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to child protection screening including an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and also past employment checks. References will be sought prior to interview. We are an equal opportunities employer.
To apply please complete the TES online application form or, in the event of difficulty, download an application form from our website www.st-james.bolton.sch.uk and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
St James’s C of E High School, Lucas Road, Farnworth, Bolton BL4 9RU 01204 333 000
Closing date: Monday 14th January 2019 at 8am
Interviews to be held on: Tuesday 22nd January 2019