CHESTERTON COMMUNITY COLLEGE
11-16 mixed, with 940 pupils on roll
Headteacher: Lucy Scott
Teacher of Mathematics
Required from January 2019 (or mutually convenient date)
Chesterton Community College is a dynamic, inspirational 11-16 academy close to Cambridge City Centre. Our results are outstanding for all students. The Maths Faculty offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work in a collegiate, highly supportive and high achieving environment.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding teacher of Mathematics to join our successful, enthusiastic Faculty. Our Maths Faculty delivers excellent exam results, with all students making exceptional progress when judged against local and national standards. In 2018 one fifth of the year group achieved the new grade 9 and over half of all students achieved at least grade 7. 90% of students achieved a standard pass in Maths.
The successful candidate will have the ability to enthuse and engage students. They will be a key member of the team and will add to the Faculty’s success by delivering Maths in innovative and creative ways. The school is committed to recruiting the highest quality teachers in order to build on our many successes. We are delighted to offer an extremely competitive recruitment package to the right candidate.
We can offer a range of incentives to attract the very best talent: These could include:
• Option 1: Very flexible working arrangements- we are extremely experienced in working with teachers who wish to work part time and can adapt the timetable in order to suit their individual needs.
• Option 2: Relocation Allowance – for example help with initial rent payments, a deposit or removal costs.
• Option 3: Recruitment Allowance – either a one-off introduction or over three years. Outstanding teachers, with proven track records, will be eligible for this allowance.
• Option 4: London weighting – available for teachers currently working in London. We will match your current salary (plus any appropriate pay scale rises you are due) for the first year.
• Option 5: NQT package. For the right NQT this includes: • a reduced timetable for the first two years (60% in year 1, 90% in year 2). • a well-structured and high quality NQT induction year including timetabled mentor meetings • half termly NQT team meetings. • access to the school’s exceptional CPD programme offering CPD opportunities at least three times every week.
Experienced teachers can also look forward to a high quality induction package. We place a very high value on continuous professional development; the successful candidate would have immediate access to our very high quality in house programme as well as the opportunity to be supported though a Masters in education if they chose to pursue one. This is an exciting time to join our vibrant college with our planned expansion meaning there is an excellent opportunity for career development and progression.
Closing Date: Wed 17th October at 12noon
We reserve the right to bring forward the closing date if we consider that we have received an appropriate number of suitable candidates for the post. Closing date & interview date to be confirmed.
Details of Chesterton Community College and application forms are available via the college website www.chestertoncc.net (click on Vacancies and follow the links) or telephone 01223 712150 Ext 142. Please send a completed application form and covering letter to email@example.com or Mrs Suzanne Izzard, Chesterton Community College, Gilbert Road, Cambridge, CB4 3NY or e-mail:
Chesterton Community College uses safe recruitment procedures to ensure the welfare of children. All applicants are required to complete a DBS check and only applications submitted on the College’s application form will be considered. All shortlisted applicants should expect to be called for interview no more than 5 working days after the closing date. If you have not heard from us by then you can expect that your application to be unsuccessful. Visits to the college are welcome.