TEACHER OF MATHS
Join Hazelwick – a popular, highly-successful and happy community where our students enjoy learning and teachers enjoy teaching
Our shared vision is “for each and every student to achieve their maximum potential.”
Salary: MPR/UPR plus Fringe Area Allowance (from £1,077 per annum)
plus potential recruitment incentives up to £10k.
Hazelwick is a high achieving and oversubscribed 11-18 mixed secondary school with 1500 students in Years 7 – 11 and 330 students in the 6th form. As one of the highest performing schools in West Sussex, with a Progress 8 score of +0.33, we have an unwavering focus on enabling our students to achieve their maximum potential.
According to our recent Ofsted report, Hazelwick is a school:
• which is a warm and welcoming place to be with a clear sense of teamwork and community spirit and with excellent working relationships between staff and students
• where leaders and staff are passionate about wanting the best for every student
• which has strong staff morale and a strong sense of pride, which is shared by students and parents
• which has a clear programme of teacher coaching and professional development in place
• where students make consistently good progress across the wide range of academic subjects well above the national average at key stage 4
• where behaviour is very good; students are polite, friendly and conduct themselves well; they value their learning and play a full part in lessons
• a school where teachers are proud to work
• a school with excellent developmental and CPD opportunities for staff
Our large and thriving Maths department (16 teachers) is a fantastic and successful team with a wide range of experience and expertise that achieved a very positive Progress 8 score (+0.4) in 2017. Maths is a popular KS5 option with 8 classes. Within the department there is a great deal of support alongside many opportunities to share resources and good practice linked to our programmes of study, with the chance to add your own interpretations.
For September 2018 we are looking for:
· a teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and is committed to excellence and high student achievement
· a teacher who is able to teach KS3 and KS4 with the potential to teach KS5 now or in the future
· a teacher with a passion for working with young people and a perseverance to make a difference to them and their future
· a teacher with a focus on their own professional development and a drive to work with us to become the best teacher they can be
· applications from NQTs are welcome, with a highly-praised professional studies and support programme.
· we are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people.
· the successful applicant will be required to complete a DBS check
Please return your completed application by 1:00pm on Wednesday 7th February 2018
You are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible, as there may be occasions where we will close a vacancy and interview once sufficient applications have been received.