Teacher of Maths
Required from September 2018 until August 2019
Salary Range: MPS/UPS (Inner London Scale)
We are looking for a creative and inspiring Maths teacher to join our team in September. The ideal candidate will be reflective and enjoy working with others as part of our forward looking team. We are an experienced team of mathematicians, who are very supportive, often plan collaboratively and are always happy to share ideas. NQTs are encouraged to apply.
We believe that every student has the ability to succeed in mathematics and last year our progress rates were the highest in the borough. We use a wide range of teaching and learning strategies including the use of manipulatives and pictorial methods. We endeavour to support students in gaining a conceptual understanding as well as making sure they are active and enjoy their learning. Problem solving is at the heart of how we teach. We also run a series of projects to help students relate maths to everyday life.
If you have a passion for mathematics and helping students to achieve and are looking for a supportive and creative department that gets results, then please apply.
The successful candidate will be:
• A great teacher who wants to continually develop their practice
• Committed to the idea of success for every child
• Ready to adapt resources; using a range of strategies including the use of physical manipulatives and pictorial methods to help students gain a conceptual understanding to ensure all students achieve.
• Experienced in teaching students to problem solve
• Innovative in using new technology to enhance learning
• A collaborative planner, keen to develop projects with others
• Reflective, and ready to take on board new ideas
Oaklands is a small school with a very friendly atmosphere. Our students perform way above national averages. In 2017 we were in the top 5% of schools nationally for progress. We have 120 students in each year in a 5 form intake. In year 10 and 11 we split this into 6 classes. Our A level classes are popular and often over-subscribed. As well as students who have individual support from teaching assistants, we also have a maths specific TA; the students you work with will be well supported.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of young people. The successful candidate will be DBS checked.
Please contact Ms Sam Harvey (HR Officer) for an application pack: Telephone: 0207 613 1014 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 9am 21st March 2018
Interviews: Week beginning 26th March 2018