Herne Bay High School is a highly successful specialist school and sports college, recognised as ‘Good’ by Ofsted (March 2014), and our school has been featured in 2015’s Parliamentary Review for the quality of our safeguarding and pastoral care.
The Maths department at Herne Bay High School is central to our commitment to ensure high quality numeracy skills across the curriculum. In particular, we have embedded several innovative strategies to improve student progress in numeracy and basic mathematics, including our bespoke intervention curriculum. We are seeking a highly-motivated and enthusiastic candidate who will contribute to the development of the subject across key stages 3-5.
The successful applicant will be:
• Enthusiastic about both maths and numeracy
• Able to form excellent student relationships
• A reflective practitioner
• Committed to safeguarding all students
Herne Bay High School can offer:
• A supportive and friendly working environment
• A school which is involved with a wide range of community initiatives • High quality, personalised professional development
• Opportunities for career progression
We welcome applications from NQTs or experienced teachers looking to develop their career.
Start date: Easter 2018, or sooner for the right candidate
Applications considered on receipt. Closing date: 11th December 2017, 12pm.
Please do not apply for this position unless you are as committed to safeguarding, the prevention of extremism and radicalisation; and promoting the welfare of children as we are at Herne Bay High School. Applicants must be willing to undergo comprehensive child protection screening including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service.