Post reference: IKB1819T002
Part time approx. 0.6 FTE negotiable
IKB is a dynamic and successful (14 – 19) Academy seeking a committed and ambitious Teacher of Maths to join our thriving team of staff and students, this is a unique opportunity in our growing school.
Although we are a relatively new school we are proud of our success in such a short time, for example IKB:
- Is delivering exceptional outcomes for students, placed third in BANES for Progress 8 (+0.22) in 2017, our first year of GCSE results and we predict improved P8 for 2018.
- Is heavily oversubscribed, with parents and students from many local (and good) schools appealing for places at IKB and as a result we are running a waiting list for entry 2018.
- Has happy students and strong and positive relationship with parents, students and staff. 98% of parents say they would recommend IKB to other parents and staff surveys show a very positive response in terms of staff satisfaction; teachers would recommend working at IKB to other colleagues.
We are a highly ambitious school with a unique curriculum and ethos that delivers high quality qualifications, life-long skills and valuable experiences that enable our students to apply successfully for the most competitive University places and Degree Apprenticeships on leaving IKB.
Our curriculum is focused around the STEM subjects with maths at the heart of this curriculum. This is reflected in our current curriculum model where GCSE Further Maths is offered in additional teaching time to a talented group of year 11 students. The Maths results at both GCSE and A level are very strong and our reputation within the local area and our own Multi Academy Trust is growing rapidly.
IKB is a 14- 19 academy and part of Wellsway Multi Academy Trust. Wellsway Multi Academy Trust is at an exciting stage in its development. The Trust currently comprises of ten schools with more planning to join and is moving towards its vision of being a truly inclusive provider of 3-19 education in East Bristol and Bath.
The successful candidate will also contribute to the direction and growth of the school promoting the values of IKB and fully preparing students for their futures. As a dedicated team at IKB we are committed offering bespoke professional development and support alongside the wider opportunities offered as part of the Wellsway Multi Academy Trust.
If you would like to find out more about the opportunity please email Marina Georgiadi at IKB Academy who can arrange an informal telephone call with the Principal or tour.
- Download the Candidate Pack, Job Description/Person Specification and Application Form
- Visit the IKB Academy website www.ikbacademy.org.uk
Fully complete the Application Form (Post reference: IKB1819T002) and email it to email@example.com together with a covering letter that outlines:
- The skills and experiences you have that will make you successful at IKB in this role
- Your priorities in teaching and learning.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Closing date: Monday 15 October 2018
Interviews: week commencing Monday 15 October 2018
Wellsway Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Your suitability to work with children and young people will form part of the selection process. For this post, prior to appointment Wellsway Multi Academy Trust will apply for a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring check, a Children’s Barred list check, two satisfactory references, satisfactory pre-employment health screening and for Teachers, a Prohibition Check in relation to the children’s workforce. In some settings a Declaration will be required in order to meet our obligations under the ‘Disqualification under the Childcare Act 2006