The David Ross Education Trust is now recruiting for a Teacher of Maths.
This role at Charnwood College could be the ideal next step in your career, or an opportunity for you to complete your NQT year.
If you are ambitious, inspirational, creative, open-minded, and want to be part of our success then we want to hear from you. See what it means to be part of the David Ross Education trust from our children and parents here.
About the role
• To teach groups of students as designated in Maths and to monitor and assess students’ achievements with appropriate planning and preparation.
• To take an active organisational role in the Faculty Area. This will include the creation and production of resources for the courses being taught.
• To act as a member of the faculty team in consultation and curriculum planning.
• To work within Academy and Faculty Area policies and to note in particular the requirements in the DRET Teaching and Learning Policy.
• To undertake other tasks and duties as required by the Principal and consistent with the Teachers’ Pay and Conditions of service.
Start date: 28 August 2018
Salary & Benefits
• Access to Teachers’ Pension Scheme
Who we are looking for
• A good degree in a specialist subject teaching qualification
• Nationally recognized teaching qualification
• The skills, knowledge and understanding necessary to teach across Years 7 – 11.
• A very good classroom teacher, demonstrating ability to innovate
• Understanding of current curriculum issues in relation to teaching subject/s
• Able to show evidence of the use of technology in teaching and learning
• Be flexible and responsive to a changing educational environment
• Contribute to whole school initiatives
• Committed to working co-operatively with young people; able to communicate sensitively, imaginatively and effectively with them
• Able to create a team ethos across a team
• Able to motivate and encourage problem solving
• Able to communicate effectively with parents to represent the Academy positively and feedback information as appropriate
• Able to seek and understand development opportunities for self and others
• Committed to career progression and own professional development
• Willing to contribute to the professional development
• Well motivated, enthusiastic and prepared to work hard
• Good organisation and time management skills
• Have high expectations of what students and staff can achieve
• Fully supportive of the aims and ethos of a successful Academy
• Able to develop and co-ordinate a sustainable strategy towards extra curriculum activities
• Have regard to provide equality of opportunity for all
• Aware of Health and Safety and Safeguarding as appropriate to role
• Good attendance and punctuality record
• A willingness to dress professionally in accordance with the culture of the organisation.
Charnwood Academy is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
To submit your application, please visit our website.