Position: Teacher of Maths
Salary: MPS/UPS £24,373 - £40,490 (salary is dependent on experience, training and/or qualifications)
Contract: Full time, permanent
To start: Available from September 2020
Qualifications: Applicants must have a relevant teaching qualification and hold QTS or QTLS
This is an exciting opportunity to join King Edward VII Academy in King's Lynn as a Teacher of Mathematics. You will work closely with the Head of Mathematics to build on and develop effective learning strategies, embodying the ethos of the Academy.
The successful candidate will inspire and motivate students and department colleagues alike to ensure that they achieve their full potential. You will be engaging, enigmatic and enthusiastic while maximising the enjoyment, engagement and outcomes of young people within the faculty. You will develop innovative, non-traditional approaches to the subject matter in order to ensure appropriate access and achievement for all students.
We actively encourage all of our staff to use new and innovative ways to engage with our students whilst preserving our rich history of providing high quality education to all. At King Edward VII Academy we are fully committed to encouraging and developing all of our students to achieve their full potential.
Our students range from age 11 to 18, including students in our well-respected and ‘Good’ Sixth Form.
There are ample opportunities to develop extra-curricular activities and interests at King Edward VII Academy where we take a holistic view of education.
At King Edward VII Academy, we believe that strength comes from togetherness; each individual plays a crucial part in our overall community and in our successes. We combine the unity of our traditional house system and its exciting enrichment programme with an uncompromising focus upon individual academic success. We actively encourage all of our staff to use new and innovative ways to engage with our students whilst preserving our rich history of providing high quality education to all.
At King Edward VII Academy we are fully committed to encouraging and developing all of our students to achieve their full potential. Our superb reputation for sports is a marker of the emphasis we place on developing well-rounded young adults. It also serves as a symbol of our wider aims – the pursuit of excellence in all things; pride in our academy; togetherness in all we do; fair play and outstanding behaviour and healthy competition.
KES has a remarkable past and strives for an even more remarkable future. Our internal support structures and career progression opportunities mean that our staff are able to achieve their full career potential. Many of our former students have returned to work for us post-studies; proving the lasting impression we make as a provider of high quality education in West Norfolk.
Skills and Qualifications
- It is essential that you are Degree qualified within the relevant subject area with QTS/NQT status. We are happy to support and mentor colleagues looking to move from an alternative subject area.
- The successful candidate will have previous secondary classroom experience, knowledge of current issues and development in education, a good awareness of strategies to improve the learning and achievement of students and a desire to raise standards in teaching and learning to improve achievement.
- You will be committed to supporting learning, able to relate to students in a pleasant and sympathetic manner and have an enthusiastic and engaging approach.
- An enhanced DBS check is required for all of our roles
- Please ensure that you tailor your application to meet the minimum essential criteria of the Person Specification attached to this advert
How to apply
To request further details on this role, please contact Tracy Harrison at Vision for Education on 0191 267 6555 or email email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is Friday 17th April 2020 at 12pm and these should be returned via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vision for Education are a recruitment business and work in partnership with Eastern Multi Academy Trust to support their permanent recruitment and the application process will be managed by Vision for Education.