Teacher of Maths
MPS or UPS (would suit someone completing their training this year)
September 2019 start (or April if available)
Do you want to be part of our team and ‘family’ of people who are working together to achieve our mission of preparing all of our students for success in high quality apprenticeships or at university and beyond?
Do you want to work in a school where you are free to teach ‘powerful knowledge’, within a supportive positive culture unhindered by bureaucracy?
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious practitioner, who wants to be part of a growing campus with a sixth form in the top 25% of the country.
We have very high expectations of all of our staff, but we value them highly, and treat work load very seriously. Our systems ensure you can really focus on your core purpose – teaching, in a sustainable way, unhindered by bureaucracy or poor behaviour.
What we can offer you:
- A professional progression model to enable you to progress in your career
- Support and line management from the Head of Faculty
- Great students who behave excellently – you can make a massive difference to them
- Clear behaviour systems
- Centralised homework detentions (you do not need to organise/run/chase them at all) and a robust internal exclusion system
- A feedback policy focused on closing the gap– we do not have onerous/impossible marking policies
- A centralised homework system at KS3 – you do not need to check/mark KS3 homework
- No formal graded lesson observations – just ongoing ‘no-stakes’ feedback, helping you to continuously develop – we believe that trusting our staff with autonomy helps to develop a strong staff culture
- Collaborative planning with centralised, shared units of work and resources
- CPD that starts as soon as you are appointed with a clear induction programme
- A beautiful campus situated on the very edge of the Cotswolds, only half an hour from Oxford and an hour from London by train
The successful candidate will be:
- an excellent teacher of Maths (or trainee with good potential), who has a love for the subject
- someone who does whatever it takes to ensure the life chances and ‘cultural capital’ of all our pupils are maximised
- totally aligned to our values and mission. If you are the type of person who fits with our culture, you will love working here
- aligned with our teaching philosophy, built around Lemov’s ‘Teach Like a Champion’ and teaching ‘powerful knowledge’
- You will have excellent progression opportunities as our MAT continue to grow in our South Central region
We actively welcome visits and would be delighted to show you around our Academy.
To apply, please click on the “quick apply” button to submit an online application via TES.
Please contact email@example.com or ring 01295 251451 to arrange a visit or an informal, confidential discussion about the role.
Closing date for applications: 9 a.m. Monday 25th February 2019.
Learn more about Banbury Aspirations Campus at: https://wykhampark-aspirations.org/ and http://www.spacestudiobanbury. org/
Both Wykham Park Academy and Space Studio Banbury are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check before taking up the post.