St Bernard’s Catholic High School
Teacher of Mathematics (Full Time, Temporary)
MPR/UPR - NQTs Welcome to apply
September 2018 start
St Bernard’s Catholic High School is a successful, popular and over-subscribed 11- 16 academy in Rotherham. We are a Catholic Voluntary Academy and Teaching School who serve the East Rotherham area welcoming students of all faiths and denominations.
We are seeking to appoint for a Teacher of Mathematics to play a full role across the whole age and ability range. A creative and motivated teacher, you will have a commitment to academic excellence through progressive teaching and learning styles. The post will suit both experienced and newly qualified teachers.
We are looking for a teacher who:
- Has the highest expectations of teaching and learning
- Is passionate about Mathematics in all forms
- Is creative and can inspire in the classroom
- Has the desire and ability to help children of all abilities and backgrounds reach the highest levels of attainment and progress
- Is supportive of the school’s Catholic ethos (however you do not need to be a practicing Catholic)
We will offer you:
- A supportive and hard working maths department and leadership team
- An ongoing CPD programme, tailored to individual requirements
- A calm, well-disciplined learning environment
As a school we are committed to supporting Newly Qualified Teachers to ensure a smooth transition into school and a comprehensive programme of support and mentoring will be made available. Equally this post would suit a more experienced teacher looking for a new challenge and who may also want to take on further responsibility in future.
A July start date may be available for NQTs
For an application pack please visit www.sbch.org.uk/about us/vacancies or contact Vivienne Smith, Clerk to Governors on 01709 828 183. Completed application forms should be returned to Mrs V Smith, St Bernard’s Catholic High School, Herringthorpe Valley Road, Rotherham, S65 3BE or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only completed Catholic Education Service application forms will be accepted. Visits are welcome.
The closing date for receipt of completed application forms is Friday 15th June 2018 at 9.00am. Interviews will be held w/c 18th June 2018.
St Bernard’s Catholic High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to complete a DBS form in line with Section 115 of the Police Act 1997.