Our staff are our most valued asset. As a National Teaching School ALL our staff have access to a wealth of support provided by outstanding practitioners.
For September 2019 we require a talented, enthusiastic and outstanding teacher of mathematics. The maths department is very much a team; they are dynamic, forward looking and ambitious, setting themselves high targets for development and achievement for the forthcoming years, within a very supportive and reflective atmosphere. Our GCSE results have been consistently outstanding for many years and we have continued this success with the A-Level results of our sixth form. The department is committed to improving learning through research including metacognition, mastery and mixed attainment teaching. We have recently been recognised for our work in these areas by the DfE and have been designated as a maths hub. Consequently, we are looking to expand our capacity as a high performing maths department. Additionally, you will benefit from:
• Developing your skills in one of the best schools in the country
• Working in a subject area where 93% of students achieved a 4+, 79% achieved a 5+ and 41% achieved a 7+ at GCSE in 2019
• In Mathematics 39% of our A level students achieved A*-A and 62% achieved A*-B in 2019
• In Further Mathematics 75% of our A level students achieved A*-A and 100% achieved A*-B in 2019
• Working in a forward-looking subject area with excellent resources
• The opportunity to participate and lead in a wide range of CPD activities presented by our maths hub status and outreach work
Tudor Grange Academy is a designated National Teaching School which means all our staff have access to excellent opportunities to flourish, develop and facilitate courses for other professionals. Tudor Grange Academy is an outstanding 11-18 comprehensive school situated in South Solihull in the West Midlands.
If you join us, you will benefit from:
• Teaching pupils who are well motivated
• Strong parental support
• An excellent induction programme
• Exceptional CPD opportunities for teachers and leaders at every stage of their career
• A real chance to develop in a forward thinking, highly successful academy
As part of the Tudor Grange Academies Trust we offer first-class career opportunities within our diverse portfolio of schools and excellent CPD. You will work alongside people who are passionate about what they do, who want to make a positive difference to children’s lives, and can help us stretch and support children to achieve beyond expectation.
What We Can Offer You
We actively place staff wellbeing at the centre of everything we do. Our staff are our single biggest asset, and the success of our students depends on them. So we take care of, and invest in them, properly! A few of the things we offer are:
- A comprehensive CPD programme for all staff whether they are NQT, RQT or aspiring leaders.
- Free school meals for just two 25 minute lunch duties per fortnight
- A supportive, open and approachable management team •Friendly colleagues who are always happy to help each other
- Free staff activities including: fitness classes and sports clubs
- Free tea, coffee and biscuits
- On-site parking for staff
- The Academy participates in the childcare voucher scheme
- The Academy participates in the cycle to work schemeInformal visits and conversations about the post are most welcome.
Informal visits and conversations about the post are most welcome.
Shortlisting: Monday 14th October 2019
Please click on the Apply Now button to download the application form.
Completed applications must be returned to Mrs Sarah Taylor at the Academy by 3pm on Monday 14th October either via email to email@example.com or to Tudor Grange Academy Solihull, Dingle Lane, Solihull, West Midlands, B91 3PD.
For further details please visit https://www.solihull.tgacademy.org.uk/
The recruitment process is robust in seeking to establish the commitment of candidates to support the school’s measures to safeguard children and to identify, deter or reject people who might pose a risk of harm to children or are otherwise unsuited to work with them. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check. All applications will be considered on their merit and the post will be offered subject to the usual health and criminal record clearance. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.