Teacher of Maths (NQT/TMS/UPS)
Dates: Apply by 3pm on Monday 25th March at 3pm (interview date to be confirmed).
Start: September 2019
Contract type: Full-time; suitable for NQTs and experienced teachers
Contract term: Permanent
Unique opportunity for an ambitious, forward-thinking teacher to join our successful Maths department. Ormiston Horizon Academy is a successful 11-18 secondary academy (part of the Ormiston Academy Trust) with £23 million facilities which are second-to-none. Judged by OFSTED to be a ‘GOOD’ school in March 2018.
Due to our growing reputation and excellent results, we have rapid growth in student numbers. We require an outstanding and dynamic teacher to join our flourishing Maths department. The person we are looking for should:
• Be an inspirational, creative and outstanding teacher who is able to motivate young people.
• Be a hardworking, imaginative thinker and have excellent organisational and time management skills.
• Be able to work effectively as part of a team
• Is able to go the ‘extra mile’.
OFSTED March 2018
• This is a good school.
• The Principal is determined that the school should provide the best possible education for pupils. He sets high expectations for staff and pupils. He is working relentlessly to establish a culture of high aspirations and achievement for all.
• The Vice Principal, senior leaders and middle leaders support the Principal’s vision and initiatives effectively. As a result, there is a strong sense of purpose and direction across the school.
• The intake of pupils has grown considerably since the school opened in its current building; the expansion has been managed well.
• Leaders continue to develop the breadth of the curriculum to ensure that it offers a wide range of learning opportunities for pupils. Provision for pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is effective.
• The school provides a safe environment for pupils. The vast majority of pupils behave well and enjoy their school life.
• The school has implemented a comprehensive programme of professional development for staff. As a result, teachers are better equipped to deliver courses that match the new requirements of GCSE qualifications.
• Effective induction programmes for new staff have helped to sustain the overall good quality of teaching at the school.
• The quality of teaching, learning and assessment is good. This is because teachers have good subject knowledge and the relationships between teachers and pupils are overwhelmingly positive.
• Teachers plan their lessons with care and in most cases, ensure that learning activities are engaging. There is clear evidence that the school’s increased focus on developing teaching practice through intensive training is having a positive impact on the quality of the experience that pupils have in lessons. As a result, in most subjects, a high proportion of pupils enjoy the learning activities they have to do and use their lesson time productively.
We can offer you:
• Outstanding CPD provision
• Dedicated and enthusiastic students
• Passionate, creative and supportive staff team
• Outstanding state-of-the-art facilities
• Use of the academy fitness suite
• Notebook PC provided
The successful applicant will be subject to satisfactory references and satisfactory clearance by the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Application packs are available to download from the academy website:
Or from the PA to Head of School – Mrs Nicky James:
Visits to the school are welcomed – please email Mrs Nicky James if you would like to arrange a visit.