Teacher of Maths
MPS or UPS (Outer London).
Required for September 2019
We welcome applications from NQTs/those who have recently entered the profession.
This is your opportunity to join a dynamic Mathematics Subject Area where there is a high demand from students and a strong record of success. Based in one of the top achieving grammar schools in the country, with commendably high Value Added, it offers you the potential to develop your own career in an outstanding school. WCGS blends the best of tradition with the cutting edge of curriculum developments.
Advantages of joining our exceptional team of staff include:
- working with highly intelligent and committed young men and women;
- the ability to teach your subject to the highest possible levels in secondary education, preparing students for undergraduate study at the best universities in the world;
- opportunities for rapid promotion both within the school and the wider Folio Trust;
- access to a charter marked CPD programme that includes nine INSET days a year and a commitment to subject specific professional learning;
- a leafy setting on the edge of the beautiful Beddington Park with outer London pay and easy access to both central London and the Surrey countryside;
- a superb graduate programme through Teacher Apprentice and Schools Direct routes;
- a close affiliation with the Institute for Education with the School leading local provision of the National Qualifications for Middle and Senior Leadership as well as leading the borough’s English and Science School Centred Teacher Training;
- amenities and benefits including priority entry for children of staff, onsite parking, the ride to work scheme and a school gym.
- a firm commitment to staff wellbeing and work life balance.
Our overall aim is for all our students to love Maths and to want to do more. It is a wonderful feeling to hear a conversation between students leaving school at the end of the day discussing the problems they have been solving in a Maths test!
Application packs are available from the School website at https://wcgsacademytrust.fluencycms.co.uk/Teacher-of-Mathematics or by emailing a request to email@example.com. Please return your completed Application Form electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you are ready but no later than the closing date. Please be aware that part of the application form requires a statement which will act as a letter of application to the Head of School. Please note CVs will not be considered.
Visits to the School are welcome prior to application. Please contact Mrs Jo Johnson at email@example.com to arrange an appointment.
Closing date: 9am, 25th February 2019
Interviews will take place during the week commencing 25th February.
Applications should be submitted as soon as possible. Candidates may be called for interview upon receipt of their application.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The recruitment process will include an enhanced DBS check, medical screening, confirmation of right to work in the UK and all other pre- employments checks in line with safer recruitment requirements.