Stratford Girls' Grammar School
Stratford upon Avon
(820 girls, 224 in sixth form)
Headteacher: Mrs J A Cornell
Teacher of Maths MP (0.4-0.5fte approx)
Stratford Girls' Grammar School is an extraordinary place to teach in, with high academic standards, a genuine community spirit and a huge level of enthusiasm shown by the students. They are bright, stimulating and keen to learn, and results are outstanding at all levels.
Situated in a pleasant village environment just outside of Stratford-upon-Avon, the school is in a convenient location being only 10 minutes from Junction 15 of the M40 and less than an hour from both Birmingham and Coventry.
As an educational establishment, SGGS embraces all of the finest aspects of academic excellence, and opportunities to ‘make a difference’ to the experience of students are encouraged. The Maths department is very much part of this philosophy: discussion of all aspects of education and teaching is both lively and perhaps more importantly, an integral part of the success of the department.
We are looking for someone to join our highly committed staff team from September 2019 who has
• a genuine love of teaching
• the ability to teach Maths to A-level
• the ability to inspire high achievement and to challenge our students
• commitment to raising attainment of all students
• presence, dynamism and a good sense of humour
• the ability to guide students’ academic and personal development as
We can offer you:
• a friendly, supportive and inclusive ethos
• students who are willing to learn
• an excellent professional development programme with a
comprehensive induction programme for all, including, NQTs
• a great chance to make a difference to young people's lives.
• friendly, supportive, highly professional colleagues committed to
the provision of high quality education
For further details and an application form,
see “vacancies” on our website: www.sggs.org.uk
or ring Jane Pearson on 01789 293759
Application deadline: 09:30 on Monday 18th March, 2019.
Interviews will be held during the week commencing Monday 25th March, 2019.
This school is committed to safeguarding, equality of opportunity, and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
An enhanced DBS check will be required.