Tes are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Teacher of MFL on a full-time permanent basis from September 2021. Both experienced and newly qualified teachers are encouraged to apply. The successful candidate will ideally be able to teach German to KS3.
PLEASE NOTE: There is a possible TLR 3 payment for a suitably experienced candidate looking to develop their leadership skills and willing to take on responsibility in a department during the academic year 2021-22 in the first instance.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a 'Good', successful and forward-thinking school. Their forward thinking academic curriculum delivers a wide range of learning opportunities beyond the traditional school day using a combination of new technologies and extra-curricular activities. They know that every student has the abilities and talents that they strive to nurture and with them create a life-long love of learning.
In December 2017, the school formed a multi-academy trust (MAT) with a Junior School. The vision for the MAT is to develop outstanding provision for all children. This relationship also provides a range of exciting opportunities to develop teaching and learning and the curriculum. It is to the north of Eastbourne, which is a seaside resort, set in enviable surroundings flanked by the South Downs and countryside of outstanding natural beauty. There is easy access to Brighton and London.
This is a great opportunity to be involved in an innovative and highly successful MFL department. The department strongly believes in the importance of developing an interest in other cultures as well as the languages they speak. Outcomes in the department are consistently well above national average for all three MFL languages, with a significant proportion of students achieving the highest grades in German, French and Spanish. Since September 2019 the school has also started delivering Mandarin and is committed to the Mandarin Excellence Programme with an accelerated cohort in both year 7 and year 8. It has maintained its International School status for the last eight years, recognising the extensive co-curricular work led by the MFL department.
The Successful Candidate:
- Good honours degree
- UK Qualified Teacher Status
- Enthusiasm for your subject with good subject knowledge
- Experience across the key stages
- Ability to work closely with colleagues and contribute to the work of the teams in your subject
- An excellent induction programme for teachers joining the school
- Motivated, enthusiastic and well behaved learners who respond very well to active and engaging teaching and work well independently
- A strong team ethos across the department and whole school
- A comprehensive induction programme for new staff to the academy
- On-going investment into your career through appropriate training and development
- Support and mentoring by a range of skilled and experienced colleagues
- Access to the Bike 2 Work scheme allowing up to 42% discount on the cost of bikes and equipment.
- Full use of an employee assistance programme supporting wellbeing
- A fabulous staffroom with complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary breakfast of tea and toast
- Subsidised membership of Benenden Healthcare (affordable alternative to private health insurance)
- On-site parking
- Enviable setting and extensive grounds
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity and 'Quick Apply' below! For more information please contact email@example.com REF KR 1440240
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role.
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...