Teacher of MFL - German and Spanish, or German
Ashlawn School has an exciting opportunity for a Teacher of MFL German and Spanish, or German to join our successful school. You will join a passionate team of teachers who are committed to delivering Modern Foreign Languages in engaging and inspiring ways. You will be an excellent teacher who has the ability to inspire, motivate, challenge and support their students to ensure that they make progress.
We welcome applications from teachers who can offer German to KS4 or KS5 and Spanish to KS3 or KS4. We would also welcome applications from teachers who are able to teach German to KS5.
It is very important to us at Ashlawn School that all of our teachers feel valued, listened to and mentored well so that they have opportunities to develop. As a Teaching School, we offer exceptional teacher training and high-quality professional development opportunities catered to individual needs. As a result of this, we have many success stories of teachers that have joined us and been quickly promoted to positions of leadership at all levels.
The successful candidate will:
• Be a motivated individual with excellent subject knowledge
• Be committed to supporting students to succeed
• Be able to contribute to the successful team
WHY WORK FOR ASHLAWN SCHOOL:
• A large, outstanding bi-lateral school committed to supporting all members of the school community to succeed
• Ashlawn is an oversubscribed, outstanding school, well respected within the local community and rated as in the top 15% of schools nationally by the Real Schools Guide
• You’ll be working within a community of passionate, committed colleagues who genuinely support each other
A staff wellbeing team implements various strategies to boost staff engagement including various activities, events, conferences, including ResearchEd, Rugby, and many other staff benefits
• Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in the successful and expanding Transforming Lives Educational Trust, a growing Multi-academy Trust based within the local community
• To be part of an 11-18 provision with opportunities to teach in the sixth form
We look forward to hearing from you!
HOW TO APPLY
For further information, the application form and job description, please contact Mike Sherwin on the below details. School visits are also welcome and encouraged.
T: 0116 253 2389 / 07525 889925
Closing Date: Friday 27 March
Interviews: Friday 3 April
Ashlawn School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
The above post is subject to a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure Certificate with Barred List check (child) via the Disclosure and Barring Service.