UNIVERSITY CHURCH OF ENGLAND ACADEMY
164 Whitby Road, Ellesmere Port, Cheshire CH65 6EA
Tel: 0151 350 6000
Principal: Mr Iain Robinson
TEACHER OF MFL
Permanent, full time / part time position
MPR / UPR
Required for April 2018
Teach MFL and Gain a Master’s Degree!
Working with UCAT there will be opportunities for you to work with MFL Education Specialists from the University of Chester; engage in classroom-based research into teaching and learning; and use the outcomes as part of a Master’s programme at the University of Chester - for free!
University Church of England Academy (UCEA) is one of University of Chester Academies Trust’s (UCAT) secondary academies. We are looking for an inspirational individual with the ability to teach 11-18 year olds either French or Spanish. The candidate will inspire students to have a passion for the subject and a knowledge and understanding of its key ideas, concepts and skills.
The successful candidate should have:
- Experience of raising attainment within French or Spanish.
- An understanding of the strategies needed to establish consistently high expectations and raise aspirations; to improve student outcomes and develop behaviour that results in students being able to learn, as well as contribute positively to their Academy community.
- A genuine passion and a belief in the potential of every pupil.
- A willingness to contribute to the extra-curricular life of this active department and have experience of GCSE examinations and a good understanding of the requirements for the new specifications.
In return we will offer the opportunity to:
- Work with an MFL specialist from the University of Chester to engage in classroom based research that could lead to a fully funded Master’s degree.
- Work collaboratively with other MFL teachers across the Trust to learn with and from each other.
- Work with a supportive and ambitious MFL department
Applications will be considered from candidates who wish to apply for this role on a job share basis. Please be aware that we are unable to accept applications from NQTs.
Closing date: Tuesday 12th December by 3pm. Interview date: Monday 18th December.
UCEA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This position is subject to an enhanced DBS check. All applicants will be considered on the basis of suitability for the post regardless of age, sex, race or disability.
Believe Belong Become