All Saints CE School is an 11-16 school situated on the Jurassic Coast in Weymouth, Dorset.
Applications are invited for the post of Spanish Teacher at All Saints School on a 0.5 contract commencing January 2018. The hours and start date are negotiable for the right candidate and the contract is initially for two terms. Ideally the successful candidate will also be able to teach some French.
We wish to appoint a colleague who will:
1. Set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils
2. Promote good progress and outcomes by pupils
3. Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge
4. Plan and teach well structured lessons
5. Adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of all pupils
6. Make accurate and productive use of assessment
7. Manage behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment
8. Fulfil wider professional responsibilities, to include a commitment to professional development
MFL is a successful department within the school and a popular GCSE option.
Applicants need to meet the following criteria in addition to that specified in the person specification:
• Be eligible to work in the UK
• Be qualified to teach secondary MFL to GCSE
• Have recent experience
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks. This post is subject to all safeguarding checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check
Applicants must use the Dorset For You on-line facility to apply as we cannot accept C.Vs or other forms of application.
References must be provided from your most recent Headteacher/Employer and one from an alternative school/establishment and they will be required to complete a full reference for our files. It is helpful if you provide an email address for each referee.