We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, talented, committed and inspiring teacher of MFL to join the department from September 2019 on a full time or part time, permanent basis.
The Weald is an outstanding, high achieving, popular and oversubscribed 11-18 comprehensive school, situated in the heart of the West Sussex countryside, 10 minutes from Horsham, 35 minutes from Guildford and Brighton, and an hour by train to London. The school has an excellent record of academic and pastoral achievement and we pride ourselves in creating a caring and respectful ethos where every child is important. The school was judged to be ‘Outstanding in all areas’ by Ofsted. Progress 8 results at GCSE place us in the top 10% of schools nationally on a rolling three year basis.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and hard-working teacher who meets the criteria below:
- A well-qualified teacher of MFL who can inspire and engage young people (QTS is essential).
- The ability to teach any two of French, German or Spanish to KS4 is essential.
- The ability to teach French or Spanish to A level would be desirable.
- A commitment to high standards of achievement with a proven track record of excellent results.
- The ability to motivate students and an innovative approach to classroom practice.
- A collaborative approach to teamwork, including willingness to contribute to departmental schemes of work and the spreading of good practice.
- Excellent organisational and IT skills.
- A passion for excellence and for the subject.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to be a form tutor, including the delivery of PSHE.
We welcome applications from experienced teachers and NQTs.
We offer you:
- A positive and innovative learning culture supported by staff, parents and governors.
- Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and behave well in lessons and around the school.
- A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff who are committed to raising student achievement even further.
An application pack may be downloaded from our website www.theweald.org.uk Please note that an application form must be completed for this post and should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 10am, Monday 18 March 2019
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.