Do you want to work in a vibrant and friendly school, as part of our dynamic and successful Music Team? Are you ambitious, dedicated and passionate about teaching? If so, then you might be just the right person for us.
The post-holder will be a talented, enthusiastic musician who is an excellent classroom practitioner committed to achieving the highest standards both academically and in terms of musical engagement. As well as teaching KS3, GCSE and A Level groups within the curriculum, the selected individual will contribute widely to the extracurricular music programme within this key department. The department is housed in a purpose built block and is excellently equipped with three teaching rooms and several practise rooms. We are excellently resourced with imac computers and a range of instruments including keyboards, world percussion and ukuleles. Music is a popular subject at GCSE and A level and we offer a range of events throughout the school year with several larger scale concerts in addition to chamber concerts, a school production and performances for a host of other whole school events. The successful applicant will be expected to contribute to all such opportunities as well as taking on a role of responsibility within the department.
Why apply for this job at Southgate School?
- We are a member of Middlesex Learning Trust alongside The Compton School, an outstanding school with a national profile. Together we are leading edge in our approach to ensuring excellence for all
- We are consistently the most over-subscribed school in Enfield
- You will work in a school that has exceptional students from all walks of life and staff who truly care about the impact of their work
- You will be joining a school that is buzzing with life, energy and opportunities for your own continued professional development
- Leaders’ work has been sharply focused on making sure that all subjects are planned and taught effectively. As a result, pupils achieve well in their GCSEs. (Ofsted 2019)
- ‘There is never a day that I don’t want to come to school’. All the pupils we spoke to held this view.’ (Ofsted 2019)
We are a mixed comprehensive school (1500+ on roll including the Sixth Form) dedicated to academic achievement and the maintenance of very high standards.
At Southgate School we offer a comprehensive training package for NQTs. For aspiring middle and senior leaders, we provide financial and professional support and wider CPD including the NPQML and NPQSL. These programmes are delivered as part of our partnership with the Institute of Education
Southgate School has excellent transport links. We are five minutes away from Oakwood Tube Station (Piccadilly Line). Central London is only 20 minutes away.
An application form can be downloaded from the school website and should be submitted to the Headteacher’s PA/Office Manager Mrs Jane Theobald by Midday on Midday on Friday 21st May 2021 by email to email@example.com
All schools and services in Enfield are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Therefore, all workers and employees in Enfield are expected to share this commitment.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Located in Oakwood, in the London Borough of Enfield, Southgate School is a co-educational comprehensive. The school has around 1500 pupils, aged 11-18, making it far larger than the average secondary school of its type. Originally founded as a gramm...