As a member of the school community, the role of the teacher is to lead learning for, and with, all learners with whom they engage and also to work with and support the development of colleagues and other partners and work to the benefit of the pupils, their parents and the community the school serves, through pursuing the objectives and implementing policies set by the Headteacher and Fife Council Education Children’s’ service, under the overall direction of the Executive Director of Education and Children’s services.
Before confirming appointment, you will be required to be registered with the General Teaching Council (GTCS) and obtain Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme Membership through Disclosure Scotland.
You will be required to provide contact details of at least two referees on the application form that cover your employment or academic history for the past 3 years. Depending on your circumstances you may be asked to provide more than 2 references.
You shall be accountable to the Headteacher/Senior Leadership Team and Education and Children’s Services and for the following list of duties and for such other duties as can reasonably be attached to the post. In carrying out these duties you will be responsible for:
- Having knowledge and understanding of the nature of the curriculum and its development
- Having knowledge and understanding of the relevant area(s) of pre-school, primary or secondary curriculum
- Having knowledge and understanding of planning coherent and progressive teaching programmes
- Having knowledge and understanding of contexts for learning to fulfil their responsibilities in literacy, numeracy, health and wellbeing and interdisciplinary learning
- Having knowledge and understanding of the principles of assessment, recording and reporting
- Planning coherent, progressive and stimulating teaching programmes which match learners’ needs and abilities
- Communicating effectively and interact productively with learners, individually and collectively
- Employing a range of teaching strategies and resources to meet the needs and abilities of learners
- Having high expectations of all learners
- Creating a safe, caring and purposeful learning environment
- Developing positive relationships and positive behaviour strategies
- Using assessment, recording and reporting as an integral part of the teaching process to support and enhance learning
Closing date: 17/07/2018
St Agatha's RC Primary School