We are seeking to appoint an inspirational Teacher of Music to join our exceptional Music department.
‘‘Be the best you can’ this is what we ask of our pupils and staff.
We are committed to providing the very best educational experience for our young people and invite applicants who share this commitment and want to be a part of our success story. We believe in the power of the curriculum and so intentionally have the following at the core of our practice:
- A pragmatic approach to pedagogical practice that reduces teacher workload
- Teaching powerful knowledge rather than parroting the knowledge of the powerful
- CPD which is rooted in the best educational research, often with a foundation in cognitive science
The Academy is on a journey from Good to Great and appointed a new Principal in September 2020 to ensure that this objective is realised. The recruitment of a skilled and enthusiastic Teacher of Music is crucial to the success of this journey.
We provide a world class education for boys and girls aged 11-19, in a modern state of the art building that opened in September 2010.
- We provide a welcoming, caring and stimulating environment with excellent teaching facilities.
- We have pupils who strive to maximise their achievement and are fully supported by parents who work with us in partnership.
- We have excellent transport links; 5 min walk from the bus stop or 7 min walk from Manor House tube station which serves the Piccadilly Line.
- We have a high-quality teaching staff fully committed to supporting pupil’s academic and personal development.
- We offer excellent opportunities for your own professional development.
- We believe qualifications open doors but are only part of the story. All children deserve a full rounded education.
Please note this post allows substantial access to children, therefore the successful candidate will be required to apply for, and hold, an enhanced DBS (Disclosure & Barring Services) certificate. The Academy will arrange this for you prior to you taking up your post.
To apply, please send a completed application form and monitoring form to: email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept CVs.
The closing date for applications is 9am on Friday 14th May 2021
Interviews will be held w/c 17th May 2021
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years
About Skinners' Academy
‘Be the best you can’ this is what we ask of our pupils and staff.
Skinners' Academy is a school in the Woodberry Down (North Hackney) community for boys and girls aged 11-19, providing an inspiring, world class ed...