Job title: Teacher of Music
Age range: Primary Students
Employed by: NCBIS to support the vision, positive ethos and policies of the school.
Responsible to: Head of school/ Head of Department
Qualifications: Degree. PGCE, QTS or equivalent teaching qualification
Experience: Minimum 3 years teaching or other relevant experience
Summary of Role: You will be responsible for teaching Primary standard level Music
NCBIS is the leading British international, not-for-profit school in Egypt founded in 1978 and is an authorized IB World School with more than 60 nationalities represented among 740 students aged 3-18. The student population is made up of 62% expatriate and 38% Egyptians/dual national pupils NCBIS is renowned for the excellence of its educational programmes, which includes a strong CAS element across the school, and a welcoming learning environment.
The inquiry-based primary school curriculum blends the best of the PYP teaching methodologies with the English National Curriculum. Our curriculum is sequenced it into a series of subject-specific, comprehensive objectives, which we teach through the pedagogy of the inquiry based learning with stand-alone lessons for English and Maths. Our curriculum aims to foster the development of the whole child, including their social, physical, emotional and cultural needs as well as their all-important academic needs.
We are located in New Cairo, a quiet and tranquil part of Cairo. The small class sizes contribute to our sense of family and enable us to give all our students the attention they require. Our parents are committed partners and play a vital role in creating this enriching cultural environment.
Interested applicants should:
● Have a passion for learning, with experience of current best practice;
● Have teaching qualifications;
● Have proven experience of teaching to at least IBDP and/or A’level;
● Be committed and hard-working, with high expectations of themselves and the children in their care;
● Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and a strong sense of collegiality;
● Be able to incorporate ICT in their practice;
● Possess humour, energy, flexibility and a positive outlook;
To find out more about the school, please visit our website at http://www.ncbis.co.uk/
To apply please make sure to consider the following mandatory steps:
• complete the quick apply online TES application forms
• Upload your CV on TES.
• Download the NCBIS application form under “letter to applicant”, print, fill, sign and upload on TES.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 31st March, 2020. The school reserves the right to appoint earlier if an exceptional candidate applies for the post, so early applications are strongly encouraged.
We look forward to hearing from you.
The NCBIS Team