Job title: Teacher of Music with Drama
Taught age range: Secondary up to IB Diploma Level
Employed by: NCBIS - to support the vision, positive ethos and policies of the school
Responsible to: Head of Department / Head of School
Qualifications: UK Degree and PGCE or QTS or appropriate teaching qualification
Experience: Minimum 3 years teaching or other relevant experience
For August 2021, New Cairo British International School (NCBIS) is looking to recruit an outstanding full-time candidate for this important whole-school leadership role.
NCBIS is the leading British international, not-for-profit school in Egypt and is an authorised IB World School with more than 60 nationalities represented among 700 students aged 3-18. The student population is made up of 65% expatriate and 35% Egyptians who must have dual nationality. NCBIS is renowned for the excellence of its educational programmes, which includes a strong CAS element across the school, and awelcoming learning environment.
The primary school students follow a bespoke curriculum based on the English National Curriculum with international features.
The secondary school students follow the English National Curriculum at Key Stage 3 and then take the IGCSE edexcel examinations in Year 11 and the IB Diploma in Year 13. The school is fully accredited BSO School, and accredited an member of COBIS, AoBSO, CIS and BSME.
We are located in New Cairo, a quiet and tranquil part of Cairo. The small class sizes contribute to our sense of family and enable us to give all our students the attention they require. Our parents are committed partners and play a vital role in creating this enriching cultural environment.
Interested applicants should:
● Have a passion for learning, with experience of current best practice;
● Have UK or equivalent teaching qualifications;
● Have proven experience of teaching to IBDP level;
● Be committed and hard-working, with high expectations of themselves and the children in their care;
● Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and a strong sense of collegiality;
● Be able to incorporate ICT in their practice;
● Possess humour, energy, flexibility and a positive outlook;
● Be open to the many opportunities and some challenges that living in Egypt will bring.
In addition to working in a learning-focused, forward-thinking and supportive not-for-profit school, you will receive a generous package including:
● Highly competitive tax-free salary;
● Accommodation allowance;
● Comprehensive international private medical cover;
● Free primary education and secondary education for dependent children who are under the age of 18 (where applicable);
● Return air passage to the base country each year;
● Re-signing on bonus upon contract renewal.
Employment terms are initially a two-year contract which can be extended annually.
Successful candidates will be required to apply for an ICPC (International Police Certificate) if a UK national or been teaching in the UK:
(https://www.acro.police.uk/) and/or a police clearance from their home or resident country.
To find out more about the school, please visit our website at http://www.ncbis.co.uk/
To apply please complete the TES application forms at https://www.tes.com/ (or use the ‘quick apply’ link.
The closing date for applications is Thursday, May 13th, 2021 at midday UK time / 14:00 Egypt time. The school reserves the right to appoint earlier if an exceptional candidate applies for the post, so early applications are strongly encouraged. Initial interviews for candidates will be held by Zoom.
Please look closely at the job description and person specification attached. If you think you meet these points, we would love to hear from you.
The NCBIS Team
New Cairo British International School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
At NCBIS we offer a caring and high quality education in a secure environment on our unique campus for the international community of Cairo. We have high personal and academic expectations for our students and are proud of the varied and challenging ...