An inspiring and motivational individual is required from April 2018 (after the Easter holidays) to teach PE from the Nursery to Year Six as an integral part of the school’s specialist PPA Cover provision (on Mondays and Tuesdays) and to lead the development of the subject across the school.
We are looking to appoint an outstanding Physical Education teacher who is:
· highly motivated, with high expectations of children
· passionate about sport and able to inspire pupils, staff and parents,
· a team player who has experience of all primary age ranges
· someone who will nurture a love of physical movement in all of our children
St Mary’s CE Primary School is a successful and inclusive Church of England Primary School serving the local community – currently graded outstanding by Ofsted and SIAMS. The school is committed to promoting the health and well-being of its pupils and staff through physical activity. We strive to maximise opportunities for children, young people and all associated with the school to be physically active by promoting all avenues for activity. This includes the curriculum, environment and wider community.
You would be joining a friendly and hard-working staff team, working in partnership with our supportive families and committed Governing Body to provide our enthusiastic and well behaved children with high quality learning opportunities.
To be part of our successful and happy school you must have:
· A passion for PE
· Excellent subject knowledge
· A commitment to children’s learning through consistently high quality teaching
· A track record of raising achievement for all pupils
· The ability to teach across the EYFS, KS1 and KS2
· The ability to lead the development of PE across the school
· The ability to make a significant contribution to our already outstanding school
· A desire to be a part of a strong team
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged. Please contact Mrs Sue Abraham, School Business Manager.
All applicants will be required to complete the SDBE application form containing questions about their employment history and their suitability for the role. Names and addresses of two referees should also be supplied.
Please request or download the attached application form. All completed applications to be sent to Mrs Sue Abraham, School Business Manager. Applications can also be submitted electronically to Mrs Sue Abraham, School Business Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org with a hard copy sent by post.
Closing date: Monday 19th February 2018, midday
Short listing: Tuesday 20th February 2018
Interviews: Monday 26th February 2018
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to a DBS check.