Full time, fixed-term (one year)
Arden is a truly exceptional school at the heart of the community and the peak of academic excellence. Situated just minutes off Junction 5 of the M42 and only 3 miles from the town of Solihull, visitors are astounded by our confident and articulate pupils. The warmth and trust between teachers and students is exemplary creating a unique ‘family’ atmosphere. As an innovative school always striving for better there is a constant drive to achieve maximum personal and academic potential. As part of a Multi Academy Trust there is the opportunity for exceptional training and the sharing of knowledge and ideas.
We are looking for a positive and engaging Teacher of PE; a forward thinking practitioner who is able to transfer learning across multiple disciplines to support the progress of pupils in all areas of their personal development. Excellent subject knowledge and the ability to motivate students through inspirational, personalised teaching is essential.
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented teacher to join a thriving school:
- To work with students who are committed to their learning and passionate about their own further professional development
- To further develop an already high functioning department of skilled teachers
- To work to raise the outcomes for all pupils by inspiring and motivating students and staff alike
In every way the PE Department mirrors the aims and beliefs of the school. All staff work hard, supported by a committed leadership team, to provide a safe and encouraging environment for learning. Arden students love to acquire new knowledge and skills. Our teachers relish the opportunity to deliver engaging, challenging lessons to committed students, supported by caring families.
PE is taught through Key Stages 3 to 5 and BTEC Sport, Health & Social Care and Travel & Tourism are delivered by the PE department. The ability to teach BTEC Health & Social Care is desirable. The candidate appointed will be expected to contribute to the extensive extra-curricular activities run by the PE Department which can sometimes include working on Saturday’s.
Applications are welcomed from NQTs and experienced practitioners. Outstanding support is provided for NQTs through our very supportive and structured NQT programme.
The PE department currently has ten full-time members of staff.
The school has a proven record of success at GCSE and A Level.
- In summer 2019, 86% of students gained grades 9-4 in five or more subjects with over 87% of students also gaining a grade 4 or above in English and Mathematics (67% gaining grade 5 or above).
- The average progress 8 score was 0.45 and the attainment 8 score was 58.6.
- Almost 40% of the GCSE grades awarded were grade 7 and above and 7% were grade 9.
- At A Level over 97 % of the 2018-19 cohort achieved A*-E with over 25% of the grades at A*A. The Average Points Score per pupil is 34.7, giving an average grade per candidate of a C+.
Results for our 2019-20 cohort were in line with the data of the 2019 cohort. Our students continue to perform very well academically. Our job is to ensure that the results we achieve continue to improve year on year.
The opportunity for personal development and progression at Arden is enormous. An active commitment to staff development through a strong and consistent focus and dialogue around teaching & learning pedagogy makes this an ideal position for candidates committed to being the best practitioners they can be. Middle leader development continues to be a core focus of our school and our Trust.
We run a highly regarded middle leader development training programme across the trust where our middle leaders work with senior leaders from across the trust and middle leader colleagues in all of our schools to collaborate, consider aspects of leadership, and share best practice. Excellent line management ensures this position is well supported and ensuring that Middle leaders are given every opportunity to develop and showcase their drive and leadership skills.
Children of staff who are permanently employed at Arden Academy are eligible for a ‘staff’ priority for our ‘Outstanding’ main school and Sixth Form admissions (please see Admissions on our school website for full details).
In return we can offer you:
- A positive and innovative learning culture supported by students, staff, parents and governors
- Enthusiastic students who enjoy learning and engage positively in all aspects of school life
- Access to high quality continuing professional development and the opportunity for personal growth and development
- Commitment to Middle Leader Development through: Middle Leader cross trust training; Middle Leader progress meetings with Associate Head teacher and Executive Head teacher; Middle Leader support through highly effective SLT Line Manager
- A collaborative and supportive attitude amongst staff which promotes a sense of teamwork and unity
- A Senior Leadership team who is committed to promoting the best environment and outcomes for staff and students
- Use of your own personal laptop
- Teacher Pension
- Cycle to Work scheme
Further details are available to download below or on our school website: www.arden.solihull.sch.uk/vacancies/
Application forms should be completed in full and attached to a letter of application. CVs will not be accepted. Please address all correspondence to Mr D Warwood, Associate Headteacher.
Closing date: 9.00am on Wednesday 12th May 2021.
Interview date: Wednesday 19th May 2021.
Arden Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all its staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexuality or religion. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Arden is a truly exceptional school at the heart of the community and the peak of academic excellence. Visitors are astounded by our confident and articulate pupils. The warmth and trust between teachers and students is exemplary as is th...