Job Title: Teacher of PE (Girls)
Start Date: September 2019
We are seeking to appoint an ambitious and talented Teacher of PE who is dedicated and keen to join our dynamic, enthusiastic and inspirational PE team. The successful candidate will be an outstanding teacher with high expectations and they should possess the imagination, energy and skill to help craft their curriculum and department. They will have the ability to motivate and inspire staff and pupils alike and possess the necessary drive and determination to further improve an already successful department.
Reddish Vale High School has recently become part of South Manchester Learning Trust, forming a partnership with Altrincham College of Arts. The vision for the trust is to build a local, high achieving schools and college network to benefit communities across the South Manchester region. The core values of the trust are based on respect; moral purpose; positivity; care for others; inclusivity and strength through partnership. Expressed simply, the trust is committed to personal growth and academic excellence for all students.
You will join a thriving and supportive PE Faculty whose aim is to ensure all pupils engage in a range of physical activities that they enjoy and they achieve success in. Pupils are encouraged to develop a personal commitment to maintaining their health and well-being beyond the curriculum. Extra-curricular activities are central to this development and are given high priority by all staff. You will be required to teach Edexcel GCSE and Cambridge Nationals Sports Level 2 across the full age and ability range within both Key Stage 3 and 4. We have a thriving range of extra-curricular sports and school fixtures, which as part of your role you will be required to support the department in the running of these activities. An ability to teach dance and/or Science as a second subject at KS3 would be an advantage.
- A real passion for teaching and learning in PE
- The ability to inspire, challenge and motivate pupils along with the ability to manage behaviour
- Evidence of real measurable impact as a teacher
- A commitment to extra-curricular activities
- A willingness to contribute to the school and multi academy trust at all levels
- A willingness to be supportive of the PE Department drive to enable all students to achieve their full potential.
We can offer:
- A friendly, supportive and hugely talented whole staff team
- A school with an exciting future and history of continuous improvement
- Outstanding and supportive leadership at all levels
- An inclusive learning ethos
- An opportunity to be at the heart of a new, emerging multi academy trust.
If this sounds like the job for you then come and join us. Please visit our website for further information www.reddish.stockport.sch.uk. Completed applications should returned to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the post title and your name in the subject line. Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
Closing date: 8am Friday 22nd March 2019
Interview date: w/c 25th March 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Our School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share their commitment. An enhanced DBS is required for all successful applicants.