TEACHER OF PE
John Hampden Grammar School is seeking a flexible and enthusiastic teacher with excellent classroom skills to teach PE from January 2019 for two terms.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a supportive and dynamic department in a successful oversubscribed selective school for boys. The successful candidate would work within the PE department helping to contribute to the success of our pupils in both academic and extra-curricular activities. The post would suit either an experienced practitioner wanting a new challenge or an NQT wishing to work with a group of vibrant teachers to develop their teaching skills.
· Be an outstanding teacher, passionate about your subject
· Have the knowledge, experience and ambition to teach across the secondary age range
· Lead by example and act as a positive role model to pupils
· Be a reflective and innovative practitioner, keen to use technology to maximise learning opportunities
· Be committed to the development of young people
· Have effective communication skills with the ability to inspire students
· Have a positive, can-do attitude
· Be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
· An established centre of academic excellence with an exceptional record in sport, music and community involvement
· Motivated and ambitious pupils
· A friendly and supportive team of teachers and support staff
· Well-resourced facilities
· A positive, caring and collaborative working environment
· A commitment to professional development
· A relocation allowance may be available for candidates who apply directly
· Accommodation in a shared staff house may also be available
Salary: Teachers Main or Upper Pay Range dependent upon experience.
If you feel you have the skills and commitment to support us in getting the best from our pupils then we would love to hear from you. Interested candidates are most welcome to visit the school and visits can be arranged through the school office (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Further details including a job description, person specification and an application form are available on our website (www.jhgs.bucks.sch.uk). To apply, please complete the JHGS Teaching Staff application form and send it for the attention of Miss T Hartley, Headteacher, to Headspa@jhgs.bucks.sch.uk
Applications to be received by the closing date of 12noon, Tuesday 13th November. Interviews will take place on later that week.
The school reserves the right to change these dates, and to close the vacancy at any time, so early application is advised.
John Hampden Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
John Hampden Grammar School is an equal opportunities employer.