Teacher of Physical Education and Science required for Easter or September 2018
The Beacon School is seeking to appoint a passionate teacher with a proven track record of achieving excellent results in Physical Education and Science. You will need to be an exceptional practitioner who is willing to support the school vision of becoming outstanding by 2020. Our core purpose as a school is to strive for exceptional learning and your role will be to support the Heads of Department to drive forwards progress and attainment in both subjects.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a school that focuses relentlessly on raising standards and invests in the development of both staff and students. In March 2017, we were graded as being a ‘Good’ school and we have a clear mission to be Outstanding by 2020.
We proudly serve our local community,attracting students from a wide range of backgrounds and are part of GLF Schools, which is a supportive family of 27 schools. Successful candidates will have exceptional career development opportunities as a colleague in this family and there are opportunities to work collaboratively across the multi academy trust.
The successful candidate will need to:
● be an exceptional practitioner in the laboratory and sporting areas
● have excellent subject knowledge, communication and leadership skills
● support students and families to enhance their understanding of Science and Physical Education
● be willing to take on wider leadership roles across the school as part of their career development
We can offer you:
● an environment where the focus is on developing high quality teaching
● highly supportive and aspirational departments to work in
● exceptional CPD opportunities through our tailored programme
● the opportunity to develop your teaching career with the possibility of moving into whole school leadership roles
● an opportunity to work in the GLF family of schools
We are conveniently located with excellent road links and we are just forty minutes by train from London Victoria.
For an informal discussion about the post, please call Paul Cuthbert, Deputy Headteacher.
For more information and an application form, please visit www.thebeaconschool.co.uk or email:
Closing date: Noon on Monday 11th December 2017
We reserve the right to call candidates to interview prior to application deadline or withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
References may be requested upon receipt of your application, so please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interview date.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.