Teacher of Boys' Physical Education MPS/UPS
Contract: Full time Temporary (1 September 2018 until 31 August 2019)
Prince Henry's Grammar School is a successful and vibrant fully comprehensive school with a specialism in languages and a national and international reputation for dynamic and inspirational work. The school is a founding member of the Red Kite Teaching School Alliance as well as the Yorkshire Leadership Community and is recognised by the local and wider community as offering educational provision of the highest quality. Our extremely positive Ofsted Report confirms us as a good school with outstanding student behaviour and outstanding leadership and management. Prince Henry’s has recently been designated a National Support School by the National College for Teaching and Leadership.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, inspirational and committed teacher of Physical Education to join the team of 7 specialists.
The successful candidate will have:
- The ability to teach KS3 and KS4 Core Physical Education, with an emphasis on teaching boys
- The ability to teach KS4 and/or KS5 examination PE
- Expertise in an A level area and/or Level 3 BTEC in Sport (desirable but not essential)
- The ability to enthuse and motivate students
- A commitment to a range of extra-curricular activities throughout the year
- Excellent classroom management skills
- A degree in Physical Education and secondary QTS (or working towards)
- A commitment to continuous professional development
The school has developed a number of services and benefits for staff including such things as free coffee/tea at break time, parking, annual flu vaccinations, access to Cycle to Work, Computer and Childcare voucher schemes, corporate gym membership, staff takeaway meal service through Henry's Diner, long service awards and social events organised by the Staff Committee. There is also an opportunity for the children of staff to access the excellent education available at Prince Henry's in line with the Admissions Policy.
Our school is a successful and over-subscribed comprehensive school with over 1500 students – including 290 in the Sixth Form. We have served the market town of Otley and the surrounding area, approximately 12 miles from Leeds, for over 400 years.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and an Enhanced DBS check will be required for this post. We aim for diversity within our workforce.
For more information and an application form please click on the 'Vacancies' tab at www.princehenrys.co.uk. Please note we do not accept CVs.