When staff, students and families walk through our gates and onto our site, they belong to the Whitley Academy Community. In this community, we build meaningful relationships based on trust and mutual respect. Our classrooms, corridors and the school environment are safe spaces where nobody is judged and everyone is valued. In our community, we are proud of our school and committed to supporting all staff and students to “be the best you can be”.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, effective, innovative and highly motivated PE Teacher to join our growing team of staff from September 2019. The successful candidate will be an ambitious and inspirational current Teacher of Physical Education or a current trainee and will join our committed team of practitioners in delivering a curriculum, which informs, transforms and generates a lifelong love of learning. They should also be able to teach both General PE and BTEC Sport.
The successful candidate must be:
- Keen to teach PE in KS3 and BTEC at KS4/KS5
- Excited about contributing to the development of Teaching & Learning in the PE team,
- Able to work collaboratively as part of a vibrant team.
- Committed to making a difference to the lives of pupils,
- Resilient with a strong personal drive,
- Someone who has high expectations of both students and their colleagues,
- Values driven and;
- Someone who can forge positive relationships with students to encourage great learning.
We will offer you;
- A positive and innovative learning culture, where wellbeing and workload are effectively managed,
- A dedicated, highly skilled and committed staff, upholding high expectations of and aspirations for all of our students,
- A strong sense of community and a warm, welcoming workplace,
- Access to the RSA Academies’ Teaching School Alliance, which offers high quality training and leadership experiences for all staff, to ensure that everyone is enabled to develop, grow and collaborate,
- PiXL network access, developing new ideas and strategies to impact on student learning and
- A number of additional benefits including a fantastic internal CPD programme built into directed time - fostering excellence in teaching and learning, a personal laptop, free parking, and a vibrant modern building and facilities in a beautiful location within easy reach of the M40/M6 corridor.
The successful candidate should look forward to working in a challenging and inspiring environment within which there is ample opportunity to lay the foundations for career progression and leadership. We are committed to ensuring that every member of our school community is enabled to ‘be the best they can be’. Applications from NQTs are welcome as the school has a very strong and well-developed NQT training and support programme. A leadership allowance may also be available for an exceptional candidate able to take on an additional curriculum or pastoral responsibility. Informal visits are encouraged. To find out more about our school please visit our website at www.whitleyacademy.com.
We hope that after considering all the information provided, you will decide to make an application. A reminder that the closing date is 10th June 2019. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within a few days of the closing date. Whatever the outcome of your application we thank you for the interest you have shown and wish you well for your future career.
Completed applications should be returned to: email@example.com
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Employment at the Academy will be subject to receipt of satisfactory disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) in accordance with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, Police Act 1997 and the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012.