Required for January 2019 (or sooner if available)
Teacher of Physical Education (0.6 to Full Time)
Maternity Cover – post guaranteed until 31/8/18
Due to the personal nature of this post it is only open to female applicants. This is an ‘Occupational Requirement’ as set out in the Equality Act 2010. (Schedule 9, Work Exceptions, Part 1, Occupational Requirements, item 1, General, sub paragraph 4)
Our situation is simply described:
· We are one of the largest schools with a Sixth Form in Worcestershire, graded as Good with Outstanding features.
· We need an additional teacher to join our PE department. There is great enthusiasm for sport within the school, a result of first class teaching and a high level of commitment from among the current staff.
· The PE department has impressive indoor and outdoor facilities including a large sports hall, dance studio and gymnasium. We also have ample grass space, a large hard court area and an all-weather running track
As we sift the applications we shall have two questions in mind:
· Is this candidate capable of outstanding teaching across the age and ability range?
· Can the candidate contribute to our excellent extra- curricular provision.?
Closing date for applications: Monday 15th October 2018, 9am
Interviews: later that week
For more details about this vacancy, information about our school and an application form please visit our web site
Droitwich Spa High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Droitwich Spa High School and Sixth Form Centre, a charitable company limited by guarantee registered in England & Wales, company number 07666185. Registered office: Briar Mill, Droitwich Spa, Worcestershire, WR9 0AA