2 year fixed term with an opportunity for a Head of Year or Second in Department position for the right candidate.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a forward-looking, successful and energetic department responsible for teaching PE across our shared learning campus.
St Edmund’s was the first secondary school in Wiltshire to be awarded the School Games Mark Platinum Award. Wyvern has produced many elite sports performers including an England International rugby player.
We are looking for a teacher of PE who:
- is able to enthuse and motivate both boys and girls across the whole age and ability range to achieve their potential;
- demonstrates a lively and inspiring approach to the teaching of PE both as a curriculum subject and through a variety of extra-curricular activities;
- who will work as part of our energetic team to contribute to the development of the department.
The school has received consistently GOOD Ofsted ratings. The most recent Ofsted report for St Edmund’s from February 2018 praises:
- the inclusive nature of the school.
- the positive impact of the additional focus the school has had on the progress of disadvantaged students (PPD), students with special educational needs and also, the most able students.
- the Headteacher for her clarity of vision and a relentless drive to raise standards.
- ‘inspiring’ ideas for the future.
From September 2018 the school will work closely and collaboratively with Wyvern College which shares the site. The Wyvern and St. Edmund’s Learning Campus will be led by one Headteacher, Nicola Bull. This is an exciting opportunity to join two forward-looking, successful and energetic schools with a record of good achievement for students.
Both St. Edmund’s Girls’ School and Wyvern College for Boys work within Magna Learning Partnership, a successful Multi Academy Trust that offers good employee benefits including corporate gym membership and many discounts in shops and restaurants through the Wiltshire Rewards scheme. There is a well-funded continuing professional development programme and there are wider team development opportunities that come from working within the Multi Academy Trust.
Application pack and further details regarding the PE department can be found at http://st-edmunds.eu/admissions-recruitment/staff-recruitment/
Applications close at 9am on Monday 21st May 2018.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 23rd May 2018, so early applications are advised. An appointment will be made before the closing date if a suitable applicant is found.
St Edmund’s Girls’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to enhanced DBS checks. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before interview