Do you have a passion for teaching A-level Physics? Are you looking for a post which enables you to specialise in doing this? Can you inspire the next generation through your excellent teaching? Great Western Academy is seeking to appoint a teacher to lead our Physics A-level teaching, either as a small part-time role or as a larger role including teaching of Science to younger students.
Great Western Academy is a new academy which opened its doors in September 2018 with strong values based on Achievement, Care and Excellence. The academy is heavily over-subscribed for year 7 and will open a Sixth Form of well over 100 students from the local area this September including a strong A-level Physics group.
The successful candidate for this post will:
- Be able to develop, plan and deliver high quality and engaging learning experiences to all students
- Have excellent subject knowledge
- Be enthusiastic and share the values of the school
- The opportunity to be flexible, from 0.2 FTE upwards
- Great facilities and in a well-resourced, brand new Science Department
- A friendly and supportive staff who are always happy to help each other and share good practice
- Strong support from line managers and SLT
- A dynamic CPD programme and the opportunity to deliver as well as receive training
- Excellent career opportunities and progression, particularly as the school grows
- The opportunity to be part of a team which grows and develops an exceptional 11-18 provision
Our objective is to be a flagship Academy where every student not only achieves their full potential but also feels an integral part of the organisation; an Academy where no child is left behind; an Academy where the bonds between parent, teacher and student are so secure that failure is not an option. The unique community that we have built ensures that young people achieve their ambition in a caring environment where they are the centre of all that we do.
Further details are available on the Academy website www.gwacademy.co.uk and in the information documents attached. Informal conversations with the Principal, Graham Davis, are available prior to application; please contact Rebecca Mathis on 01793 207900 or email email@example.com to arrange this.
Applications should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm on Thursday 18th April 2019. Interviews will take place during the week beginning 22nd April.