This is a unique career opportunity for an outstanding Teacher of Physics to work at an ever expanding premium British curriculum international school for students aged 2-18 in Thailand. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of excellent classroom practice, as well as the ambition and motivation to be part of a team to establish Denla British School’s as one of the very best schools in South East Asia.
Denla British School (DBS) opened in May 2017 for children aged 3 to 10 (EY1 to Year 6). The School has enrolled students up to, and including, Year 10 for 2020-21 and will go up to Year 13 (age 18) in subsequent years. DBS embraces the academic rigour and holistic style of education promoted by the British independent school system, whilst also remaining true to Thai culture and values. This distinct blend aims to ensure that all students excel academically and develop as able, well rounded individuals who are both internationally minded and appreciative of Thai culture.
We want our Teacher of Physics to be someone who:
• can teach IGCSE Physics;
• can teach A level Physics;
• can offer Science for earlier years than Y10;
• has a proven track record of delivering well-planned, creative and engaging lessons;
• demonstrates excellent subject knowledge in all relevant areas;
• will share and support the School’s commitment to provide an all-round, outstanding education for all our students; and
• has a rigorous can-do attitude and will go the extra mile.
The successful candidate will receive excellent salary and benefits commensurate with their experience. This will include:
• Competitive salary.
• On-site accommodation (if recruited from overseas), for first year of contract at least, or off-site accommodation with a generous accommodation allowance.
• Start and end of contract flights (for dependent spouse and children too).
• Annual flight allowance (for dependent spouse and children too).
• Medical insurance (for dependent spouse and children too).
• 100% Tuition fees contribution for up to two children (50% for subsequent children).
• An end of contract gratuity.
How to Apply
In order to apply, please consider the details of the Candidate Information Pack, complete all sections of the application form including the supporting statement that sets out your interest in this position, how you meet the requirements of the role and your ambitions for the school. Completed applications should be sent to Recruitment2021@dbsbangkok.ac.th by the closing date.
The closing date for applications is Friday 21st May and applications will be considered upon receipt.
Denla British School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to respect this commitment. The post is subject to an appropriate criminal background check and satisfactory reference checks.
Denla British School, Bangkok
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 18 years
Denla British School offers an outstanding education that promotes the qualities of:
- An enhanced British curriculum;
- Academic excellence for all;
- Entrepreneurship and creative thinking;
- Community and global perspectives.
The School is curre...