We are looking for a hard-working and dedicated candidate to join our outstanding school as a Teacher of Physics.
About Kensington Aldridge Academy
KAA is an 11 – 18 academy situated in the heart of Notting Hill. We opened in brand new buildings in 2014 with just Year 7 and have grown year by year and are now a full school with 1,250 students in Years 7 to 13.
KAA has grown to become one of the top academies in the UK. DfE performance tables show we are in the top 5% of schools nationally in terms of KS5 Progress. Our Ofsted report grades us outstanding in all categories and describes standards as “exceptional”. In 2018 we were awarded TES Secondary School of the Year.
• To teach engaging and effective lessons that motivate, inspire and lead to rapid and sustained progress from all students.
• With direction from your subject leader, and within the context of the academy’s curriculum and planning frameworks, to plan and prepare effective schemes of work and lessons.
• To use regular assessments to set targets for students, monitor their progress and respond accordingly to the results of such monitoring.
• To produce/contribute to written assessments, reports and references relating to individual and groups of students.
• To ensure that all students make progress at least in line with academy expectations.
• To maintain regular and productive communication with students, parents and carers, to report on progress, sanctions and rewards and all other communications.
• To direct and supervise support staff assigned to lessons and when required participate in related recruitment and selection activities.
• 180 school days, 10 training days (not 5 as you find in most schools) & 5 planning days per year, which include the opportunity for teachers to work from home.
• Two week half term in October.
• Professional development that is of a national standard. In Ofsted’s words: “Staff morale is exceptionally high. Staff enjoy working at the school and benefit from high-quality training. Teachers new to the profession feel very well supported in settling into the school quickly and developing their practice.”
• Free weekly staff wellbeing activities; yoga, circuits, staff choir and art classes etc.
• Discounted membership of the brand new Kensington Leisure Centre.
Download the full candidate pack for more information about this position and the academy.
Please send completed applications to Payal Joshi at firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on Tuesday 23rd April 2019.
Early applications are encouraged and in the event that the academy is able to fill the vacancy before the deadline, it reserves the right to close the vacancy and won’t review further applications.