Our pay policy honours pay portability
West SILC is a successful all age generic special school. Over half of pupils on roll attend partnership provision in local primary and secondary schools. We are seeking to recruit for September 2018, a teacher to work at our Powerhouse provision – an exciting and new post 16 base within a commercial site. The successful candidate will be responsible for their own group and their 600 learning hours package. This will include delivering Functional Skills – English, Maths and ICT (Edexcel) Personal and Social Development and ASDAN Employability from Award to Diploma level. The learner’s levels range from Entry 1, 2, 3, and working towards Level 1. They have moderate learning difficulties (some may have additional needs – communication; ASD; vision / hearing or social and emotional needs). Applications are encouraged from excellent primary or secondary practitioners as well as FE staff, who have QTLS or equivalent.
The Governors wish to appoint a motivated and outstanding practitioner to join a committed, hard-working and experienced staff team.
The colleague appointed would ideally:
- Develop a flexible personalised approach based on the needs of our learners
- Deliver highly effective teaching and learning
- Develop excellent relationships with all pupils and staff
- Be confident, enthusiastic and actively embrace change
- Experience of working with learners who have additional needs
- Use Restorative Practice in their approach.
The West SILC will offer the successful candidate:
- A warm, welcoming staff team
- An experienced, supportive leadership
- Opportunity for career progression
- Appropriate induction and CPD
We think it is important for prospective candidates to visit please contact the school office to confirm attendance (and ask for address and directions to Powerhouse) either:
- Wednesday 21st March at 10.00 am
- Wednesday 28th March at 12.00 noon
Applications are available on line/submitted by post or email firstname.lastname@example.org West SILC, 4 Town Street, Stanningley, Leeds LS28 6HL. Tel: 0113 3862450
Closing date: Wednesday 18th April 2018 at 2.00pm.
Interviews will be held week beginning 23rd April.
West SILC is an equal opportunities employer, committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for appointment to this post.
We promote diversity and want a workforce, which reflects the population of Leeds.