Skeld Primary School is a non-denominational school located in Skeld. It provides nursery to P7 education for children from Skeld, Reawick, Culswick and Sand. The structure of the school is 1 nursery and 2 composite primary classes. There are currently a total 19 pupils in the primary class. The school is managed by a teaching Head Teacher. The current staffing complement is 1 full-time teacher, 1 part-time teacher, 1 part-time ASN teacher, 1 part-time early years teacher, 1 part-time clerical assistant, 1 part-time cook, 1 part-time early years worker, 1 part-time early years assistant, 1 part-time learning support worker, 1 part-time learning support assistant, 1 supervisory assistant and 1 part-time cleaner in charge. The current Head Teacher is Mrs May Macdonald.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information - www.shetland.gov.uk
- The grade of this post is TCHR
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,094 per annum
- Temporary Full Time post for 35.0 Hours per Week - Temporary contract for a period of approximately 3 months. This is for the duration of a period of family leave, and will terminate following the return to work or resignation of the postholder
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- You must be registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS) prior to starting in post
- We would welcome applications from flexible route probationers
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- Not suitable for Remote Working
- FTE of post: 1.0
- Sector/subject specialism: Primary
- Qualification requirement: Bachelor of Education Degree or equivalent Post Graduate diploma
- Class information, age range: Primary 1-3 (currently 7 pupils)
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: May Macdonald, Head Teacher, on 01595 807480 or email email@example.com
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Closing date: 20/02/2019
This post is based at Skeld Primary School, Westerskeld, Skeld, Shetland, ZE2 9NL