Cunningsburgh Primary School is a non-denominational school located in Cunningsburgh. It provides education from Early Years up to P7 for children from Quarff, Fladdabister and Cunningsburgh in the South Mainland of Shetland. The school is managed by a Head Teacher.
The structure of the school is an Early Years Dept and 3 composite primary classes. The current roll is 69 primary pupils with a further 24 pupils registered in the Early Years Dept.
The staffing complement in Early Years is a Senior Practitioner, Early Years Support Worker, a modern apprentice and a 0.2 FTE teacher. The Early Years setting will operate expanded hours from Oct 2019.
There are 3 FTE teachers in the Primary Dept. There are 3 part-time ASN teachers assisted by support staff, as required, to meet school demands. The current Head Teacher is Mrs Wilma Sineath.
- The grade of this post is TCHR
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.3112 per hour
- Temporary Part Time post for 14.0 Hours per Week. Temporary contract for a period of approximately 6 months
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- You must be registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS) prior to starting in post
- We would welcome applications from flexible route probationers
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- FTE of post: 0.4
- Sector/Subject specialism: Primary
- Qualification requirement: GTCS registered teacher
- Class information: P3/4/5
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
Closing date: 15/10/2019
Cunningsburgh Primary School, Cunningsburgh, Shetland