Looking for a short adventure or even a new career direction? We need a teacher to cover a longer-term absence, to start as soon as possible. The post will run until May 2019, with the option to extend further by mutual agreement.
Nestled between the Hajar mountains and the clear blue waters of the Arabian Gulf, Ras Al Khaimah Academy family of Schools is based in Ras Al Khaimah, the northernmost Emirate of the UAE. Just one hour’s drive from Dubai International Airport, the Academy Family of Schools provides UK and IB education to almost 4000 students from 88 nationalities across its five schools, each with its own unique character.
The International Primary School within our Family of Schools has a student roll of c.1150, following the IB Primary Years Programme throughout.
The successful candidate must:
• Hold a first degree plus a post-graduate qualification in education (i.e. PGCE/GTP), with QTS
• Have a minimum of two years teaching experience in the UK or overseas, in a British or IB curriculum school
• Have a proven track record of excellent classroom and pedagogical practice in inquiry-based learning
• Have a good ability to use IT to support teaching and learning
• Be able to engage, motivate and support children, staff and parents
• Be a reflective practitioner with the ability to think creatively and innovate
• Be a positive and enthusiastic member of the staffing community
• Most importantly of all, fully subscribe to the maxim that “all complex decision-making be based on what constitutes best practice for the child”.
The school offers a competitive, tax-free international salary and benefits package, comparable to other international schools in the region.
To apply for this position please submit your TES standard application form via the “Apply” button below. Alternatively, any queries will be answered at firstname.lastname@example.org