Teacher of Psychology and/or Sociology
Salary – Main scale plus £1,600 Mossbourne allowance
Work pattern - Full time
Contract – Permanent
Location – Mossbourne Community Academy, 100 Downs Road, Hackney, E5 8JY
Closing date – 8th December 2018
Start Date – April 2018
The Mossbourne Federation’s calm working atmosphere creates well‐rounded individuals who excel in the arts, on the sporting field and academically. All learners, regardless of ability, benefit from the innovative and enlightened approaches to teaching and learning within the Academy. The Mossbourne Federation has helped change students’ lives.
The Mossbourne Federation comprises four academies:
- Mossbourne Community Academy (secondary)
- Mossbourne Victoria Park Academy (secondary)
- Mossbourne Parkside Academy (primary)
- Mossbourne Riverside Academy (primary)
Across the four academies operates a Central Services Directorate, which supports all the academies delivering services such as estates, facilities, security, ICT, and telecommunications management, together with corporate communications, human resource and finance functions.
As one of the country’s leading academies, it is in the vanguard of school improvement. Working in the local community and within a strong partnership of Hackney schools, Mossbourne will raise aspirations, expectations and achievement for all students and will continue to make a major contribution to the development of educational excellence in Hackney.
What we are looking for:
- Passion for teaching and working with students of all abilities with the talent to drive them to be outstanding
- Enthusiasm to ensure that students get the education which they rightly deserve
- Ability to communicate effectively with all staff, students and parents
- Raise aspirations, expectations and achievement of all students regardless of ability
- Willing to play as part of a team and go the extra mile to up keep the Mossbourne values
- Committed to the safeguarding of students
- Focused on the learning and development of students and encouraging high achieving
- Enthusiastic, flexible and friendly approach
- Professional manner at all times
- A degree in Psychology or similar and Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Ability to teach Psychology at KS4 and KS5 or
- Ability to teach Sociology at KS4 and 5
- Another Humanities subject at KS3 is desirable
- Knowledge and understanding of how students learn
What we can offer:
- The opportunity to work with excellent students and a supportive team throughout the academy
- Comprehensive staff benefits
- The prospect of working for one of the country’s leading academies
- Ambitious working environment
- Professional development
- Friendly and passionate atmosphere
More information about the post and an online application form can be found on our website: http://www.mossbourne.org/vacancies/. Please note that CV’s or incomplete application forms will not be considered. All other applications will be considered, however, only those that are shortlisted will be contacted.
Please note: Applications may be considered whilst the post is being advertised. Mossbourne Federation reserves the right to close adverts earlier than the stated deadline.
Mossbourne Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure.