In response to increasing student numbers, the Ockendon Academy are currently looking for a Teacher of Psychology & Sociology to start as soon as possible. We support applications from both experienced teachers to help build and develop this department or newly qualified teachers seeking to widen their experience.
We are keen to appoint someone who enjoys inspiring students through their passion for the subject, has excitement and drive for teaching and learning and a strong desire to make a difference to student achievement, fully embracing our motto to ‘Enjoy being the best you can be’. In return, the Academy will provide support through mentoring & CPD and there is opportunity of promotion through leadership for those who are looking to advance in their careers. We can also provide assistance with accommodation and relocation.
You will be teaching to KS5 students studying A Level, so we are looking for a committed practitioner who is dedicated to achieving the highest standards for their students. You should be dedicated and knowledgeable about your subject and its application to the wider world. You will be driven to raising achievement, instilling your passion and enthusiasm onto your students by encouraging them to push and succeed.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be educated to a first degree level or equivalent and hold QTS.
- Have experience of teaching the UK curriculum, ideally to Key Stage 5 and have the ability to plan and deliver lessons to ensure excellent learning progression takes place in all areas.
- Can assess and mark work, monitor pupils' progression and raise attainment levels.
- Have evidence that they have supported students effectively and possess a capacity to deliver engaging lessons, which inspire and motivate pupils to challenge their own learning.
- Have the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with students, parents and colleagues.
The Principal is happy to meet you for a pre-application visit, please contact Helen Smith at email@example.com to make arrangements. To apply, please visit our website www.theockendonacademy.com to download the Job Description, Person Specification and Application form, or alternatively contact Denise Fowler at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.
The Ockendon Academy and Ockendon Studio School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check.