We are an outstanding mixed grammar school with a strong commitment to excellence. We have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious teacher to join our Psychology department.
• a school full of students who are keen to learn (“Seldom have I seen a school where students are so universally positive and enthusiastic about their learning” –HMI)
• opportunities for A level teaching
• a strong commitment to your own professional development. This includes the opportunity to complete NPQML and NPQSL courses via our own Sir Henry Floyd cluster, which is accredited by the Institute of Education. We are members of the national Challenge Partners programme which offers bespoke CPD opportunities. We also contribute to the agenda setting of our local Aylesbury Hub so that CPD is designed to meet local needs and those of our staff. We are keen to support staff interested in working towards SLE accreditation also and have done so successfully, this year.
• A school committed to staff well being, with a strategy focusing on three strands of: well-being, workload and recruitment and retention. All staff have Perkbox (https://www.perkbox.com/uk) and can opt into the cycle to work salary sacrifice scheme. All staff have access to our on site conditioning suite. We have a vibrant staff community and run activities such as: weekly staff fitness clubs, staff choirs, baking activities, shared lunches and annual staff socials.
We would like you:
• to be a good teacher, ambitious to improve to outstanding with our support
• to have high expectations of yourself, your staff and our students
• to be/become an effective leader with a passion for improving the delivery of your subject’s curriculum
• to be committed to improving the life chances of young people
• be willing to commit to life beyond the academic curriculum
We have no age or experience profile in mind.
Sir Henry Floyd Grammar School operates rigorous ‘safer recruitment’ practices, and the successful candidates will be required to undertake a criminal record check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please click on the link for further details: