Teacher of RE (Fixed term for one year) (Internal only)
‘The school is an orderly environment and a culture of respect is evident’ Ofsted 2017
‘Lessons are purposeful and challenging and pupils engage well with planned activities’ Ofsted 2017
The Rawlett School is a successful and popular 11-16 community school and in recent years we have become the school of choice in our local community. We have maintained our ‘good’ judgement by Ofsted in 2017 and in 2016 we celebrated sustained results. Our P8 score was one of the top in Staffordshire and the highest locally. We are proud of our broad and balanced GCSE based curriculum.
Our students are at the heart of all that we do, and we place great importance on not only making sure that they achieve academic success, but also on developing their social skills and emotional maturity. In recent years 100% of pupils have moved into education, employment or training.
- A ‘Good’ school in every area by Ofsted (June 2013 and April 2017). Outstanding features were noted.
- A school with a Positive Progress 8 outcome because our students exceed expectations.
- A leading school in the Midlands hub of AET schools with a real focus on making sure all our staff develop professionally.
- A school where British values are at the heart of our curriculum – so that all our students leave school knowing how to conduct themselves in the wider world.
We are looking for a Teacher of RE who really cares about helping our students succeed and is willing to support the development of the RE department. You will be joining a team who:
- put students first – We aim to inspire all our learners through innovative teaching
- supports CPD and career development – We support and challenge each other’s teaching through frequent CPD, coaching and mentoring for all new staff
- value team spirit and positive working relationships – We support each other through team-teaching and collaborative planning, fostering a positive working environment.
We are looking for a Teacher of RE who:
- Is passionate and has a creative and flexible approach to teaching both at KS3 and KS4
- Will model best practice teaching and learning across the department and support the development of quality teaching in the department.
- Will support, challenge and engage a diverse cohort of students, enriching their learning experience, maximising their potential and raising attainment
- NQT’s are welcome to apply.
Join our team and build a wonderful career in a school you are passionate about with students you love to help learn.
The position is due to commence in September 2018
Closing date: 9am Monday 26 February 2018
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, vehicle affinity scheme and childcare vouchers.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's. For further information on this position and to make an application please click 'quick apply' on the TES advert.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.