Student achievement and well-being is at the heart of everything we do at Whickham School. We combine outstanding teaching with a rewarding, enriching curriculum which broadens students’ horizons and encourages them to believe in their abilities.
We are seeking to appoint a talented RE teacher, who is passionate about the teaching and learning of the subject, and who has the vision, commitment and determination to continue raising standards across all levels and abilities.
What is special about RE at Whickham School?
- RE is a valued and core part of our curriculum across all year groups
- We offer both “core” and GCSE RS at Key Stage Four
- At Key Stage 4 around 36% of pupils choose to continue with RS
- As a result of having 4 GCSE classes in Years 9-11 we have team of RE staff who collaborate and support each other
- RE is a high performing subject. Last year pupils in Year 11 made significantly more progress than elsewhere and was one of the highest performing subjects in the school
- Opportunity for A-level teaching
This is an excellent opportunity to join our over-subscribed 11 – 18 school with a vibrant, forward thinking philosophy and a positive, friendly atmosphere. We can offer an exciting opportunity to make a real impact.
In return, we can offer:
• A school that will allow you to be inspirational, creative and play an active role in our journey to become outstanding
• Professional development programmes, with a commitment to support your career ambitions
• An academy which welcomes new ideas with energy and enthusiasm
At Whickham School we understand that schools are about people and that staff who are happy and enjoy their work are more productive. Therefore, we are committed to ensuring we provide outstanding CPD and an environment that enables exceptional staff well-being. We will support you in your personal and professional development, enabling you to contribute fully to the creative and dedicated teams of dynamic and ambitious staff you will be joining.
Whickham School is a large and successful school in Gateshead with over 1500 students including approximately 250 in the sixth form. This is an opportunity to work in a passionate, committed Humanities faculty consisting of eleven teachers including a Lead Practitioner.
Religious Studies at Whickham is a highly valued and successful subject due to a history of strong teaching and learning across the department. The Religious Studies team consists of three full time outstanding teachers who work collaboratively and challenge each other to be the very best they can be.
Behaviour is good at Whickham School and we have eager students who also engage in our wide range of extra-curricular enrichment opportunities. Many of our students progress into our sixth form and performance in academic qualifications in KS5 is a real strength.
If you think you have the passion, energy and drive to help us become even better, please apply. Informal visits are welcome and encouraged. Please contact Nicola Graham, HR & Administration Manager on (0191 4960026 ext 205) to arrange this.