Teacher of RE Maternity Cover ¦ MPS/UPS + Pension Scheme (TPS) + Health benefits + Additional Newman benefits ¦ Required to start 7th January 2019 until the return of the present post holder
The Governors of Blessed John Henry Newman RC College are seeking to appoint a committed, highly motivated and inspiring individual to the role of Teacher of RE. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established, Gold standard award RE department to cover a period of maternity leave. The successful candidate should be well qualified, with the vision and energy to engage and empower young people and colleagues alike and will assist in realising the college vision.
We are looking for applicants who have:
- a determination to make a difference
- excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
- aspirations to progress in their professional careers
What we can offer you:
- Experience of teaching in a good school, a ‘close-knit community’ where Ofsted report (May 2016):
'There is a buzz around teaching. Teachers skilfully guide pupils to make good and better progress in all manner of different styles and techniques'.
'It is not uncommon for an adult to enter a classroom unnoticed by the pupils because they are so engrossed in their work'.
'Typically, pupils behave well in lessons and at social times. Pupils make good progress due to high-quality, engaging teaching and learning'.
- State of the art facilities, including a laptop and iPad for all teachers
- An outstanding opportunity for professional development and career progression
- Dedicated staff wellbeing committee and Employee Assistance programme
(Please see the employer of choice booklet for further details).
It is essential that you support the college vision of “Dignity and Excellence” by upholding the college's Catholic ethos and the fundamental belief that students must achieve their full learning potential.
Blessed John Henry Newman RC College is committed to safeguarding and protecting the wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff to share their commitment. An enhanced DBS is required for all successful applicants
Closing Date: 12 noon on Monday 19th November
Interviews: Friday 23rd November
Hayley Cassell ¦ Senior HR Administrator ¦ Tel: 0161 785 8858 ext.3201 ¦ Email: email@example.com