Teacher of Religious Studies & PSHE
Ashlawn School has an exciting opportunity for a Religious Studies teacher to join our successful school. You will be part of a passionate team of teachers who are committed to delivering the RS and PSHE curriculum in engaging and innovative ways.
You will be a committed and enthusiastic person who has the ability to inspire, motivate, challenge and support the team to ensure that every student makes progress within the subject area. You will help to support students by motivating them to make a difference and achieve the best for themselves.
It is very important to us at Ashlawn School that all of our teachers feel valued, listened to and mentored well so that they have opportunities to develop. As a Teaching School, we offer exceptional teacher training and high-quality professional development opportunities catered to individual needs. As a result of this, we have many success stories of teachers that have joined us and been quickly promoted to positions of leadership at all levels.
The successful candidate will:
● Be involved in teaching British moral values and personal social and health education
● Have strong classroom management skills
● Be hard working and committed to helping all learners succeed and have the desire and determination to achieve
● Have experience of teaching religious Studies
● Help to drive and develop PSHE and RS within the team
● Be able to build positive relationships with students and staff
WHY WORK FOR ASHLAWN SCHOOL:
● A large, outstanding bi-lateral school committed to supporting all members of the school community to succeed
● Ashlawn is an oversubscribed, outstanding school, well respected within the local community and rated as in the top 13% of schools nationally by the Real Schools Guide
● You’ll be working within a community of passionate, committed colleagues who genuinely support each other
● A staff wellbeing team implements various strategies to boost staff engagement including various activities, events, conferences, including ResearchEd, planned by Ashlawn staff and held at Rugby School, and many other staff benefits
● Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in the successful and expanding Transforming Lives Educational Trust, a growing Multi-academy Trust based within the local community
● To be part of an 11-18 provision with opportunities to teach in the sixth form
We look forward to hearing from you!
HOW TO APPLY
For further information, the application form and job description, please contact Mike Sherwin on the below details. School visits are also welcome and encouraged.
T: 0116 253 2389 / 07525 889925
Closing Date: Friday 3 April 2020
Interviews: Friday 24 April 2020
Ashlawn School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
The above post is subject to a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure Certificate with Barred List check (child) via the Disclosure and Barring Service.