An outstanding Teacher of Science is required for August 2020 for a one year maternity cover contract to join a committed and hard-working department. Applications are welcome from both teachers and NQTs. The department has close links to other schools in the Tudor Grange family. A wide range of teaching and learning strategies are used in the delivery of Science including a focus on developing students’ independence and spontaneity.
Additionally, you will benefit from:
· Joining a department judged as ‘good’ in the school’s recent OfSTED inspection (September 2017).
· Teaching in a forward thinking department with excellent resources and facilities for teachers who are passionate about their subject.
· Working in a Faculty which achieves excellent results:
Science 50% A*-C
Additional science 67% A*-C
Biology 80.3% A*-C
Chemistry 89% A*-C
Physics 84% A*-C
Biology 40% A*-A; 88% A* - C,
Chemistry 29.8% A*- A; 74.5% A*- C
Physics 36.4% A*-A; 72.7% A*-C
The Robert Smyth Academy developed from Market Harborough’s oldest school and was founded in 1607. It is now a vibrant, fast growing 11 – 19 Academy with nearly a thousand students, including over 300 students in the Sixth Form. The area around Market Harborough, which is an attractive and a growing market town, is increasing in its diversity and offering significant potential for the Academy to grow.
The OfSTED inspection in September 2017 deemed the Academy as ‘good’. This, with other progress being made, is the foundation of the Academy’s journey to being ‘outstanding’. The Academy also enjoys a very positive reputation in its community and particularly for its considerable extra-curricular offer in many areas, most notably in art, music and sport.
If you join us, you will benefit from:
- Teaching pupils who are well motivated as the school enjoys strong parental support
- Working in a Trust with structured professional development opportunities
- A real chance to develop in a forward thinking, highly successful academy
- Developing yourself in our ‘can do’ culture and positive ‘want to’ climate
Free tea, coffee
Corporate Gym membership
Weekly Yoga classes
Employee Assist Programme
Weekly running group
On-site parking for staff
The Academy participates in the childcare voucher scheme
Informal visits and conversations about the post are most welcome.
Short Listing will be held on Monday 6th April 2020 (9am)
Interviews will be held Week Commencing 6th April 2020
The recruitment process is robust in seeking to establish the commitment of candidates to support the school’s measures to safeguard children and to identify, deter or reject people who might pose a risk of harm to children or are otherwise unsuited to work with them. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check. All applications will be considered on their merit and the post will be offered subject to the usual health, criminal record and reference clearance. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting.