‘Good learning is encouraged by positive relationships between staff and students, with a strength of the school being its equal focus on the academic, personal and social development of the students’ Ofsted December 2012
Immanuel College is a successful and oversubscribed 11-18 Church of England secondary school which serves the communities around the northern border between Leeds and Bradford. We are fortunate to work in modern school buildings which have helped transform the learning opportunities that are available to our students and the community.
Our vision is to become a fully inclusive and outstanding learning community and we are well on our way to achieving this. Ofsted graded us a ‘good’ school in December 2012.
In order to further accelerate outcomes and continue to grow our talented staff team we are currently seeking to appoint an inspiring and imaginative Teacher of Science to join our successful and hardworking Science department. You will be a teacher capable of delivering inspirational lessons and ensuring that the pupils in your care are appropriately challenged and supported to achieve their very best.
We actively welcome applications from talented NQT’s as well as experienced colleagues. We offer a supportive induction programme for all new staff joining Immanuel and we will ensure that you are challenged and supported throughout your career here.
You will be:
- A routinely good to outstanding Teacher of Science and looking to start and/or develop your career in a supportive environment
- Able to encourage and enthuse students to achieve their full potential
- Inspirational to colleagues and students – sharing best practice
We can offer:
- A school and senior leadership team that will allow you to be inspirational, proactive and play an active part in our school improvement
- Career defining CPD with a strong commitment on developing individual career paths
- A Science department which welcomes new ideas with energy and enthusiasm
If you are looking to join a school with a culture of professional learning and reflection then we want to hear from you. Visits to the school are encouraged, and can be arranged by contacting Katie Green at Immanuel College. The closing date for applications will be 3pm on Tuesday 16th October 2018, with interviews being held over the following seven days.
To learn more about this exciting role and Immanuel College, visit www.immanuelcollege.net
For an informal discussion please contact Katie Green at Immanuel College on 01274 659827 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
An enhanced disclosure from the DBS will be required for this post.