We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, dedicated and passionate Teacher of Science who shows the potential to be outstanding, to work across the academy. We are seeking a Science practitioner with a commitment to excellence and the desire to develop their career, where there is a real opportunity to inspire our students.
The successful applicant will teach Science principally in KS3 and KS4 with the opportunity to contribute to the teaching of younger learners across the academy. The successful candidate will also have the potential to teach A level courses.
The successful applicant will:
• Be a consistently good to outstanding practitioner
• Plan, prepare and deliver lessons with a focus on high quality, imaginative and innovative teaching
• Be committed to the ideals and potential of all-through education
• Be familiar with the Science National Curriculum GCSE Science syllabus (knowledge of Level 3 BTEC and A Level Science would also be desirable)
We can offer:
• A committed staff team
• Opportunities for innovative ways of working
• Excellent CPD
• An opportunity to build and further develop good practice
• High quality professional development opportunities
In September 2017 we joined the Exceed Academies Trust. The Trust recognises its moral purpose to support schools and academies across the city and the region and this has underpinned the accreditation and development of two Teaching Schools that jointly lead the alliance of partner schools and academies.
If you feel you are up to the challenges ahead and would like to share in our continued success, then please contact our recruitment partner Paula Read at Hays Education for an application pack and further details. Telephone 0113 200 3710 or email email@example.com
The closing date for completed applications is 9am on Monday 24th June
Interviews to be held during the same week
Appleton Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check